Early Beta Testing Access for Pottermore Begins; October Registration to Open Soon

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

The Pottemore Insider Blog has just been updated to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun for those who found those Magical Quills and signed up for a chance at early access.  The blog post, in part, reads:

We’re excited to announce that early access to Pottermore has begun, so if you’re one of the million people who found The Magical Quill and registered for early access, please read the rest of this Insider  post carefully.
The most important thing to know is that we need to stagger entry to the ‘Beta’ (early) version of Pottermore so we can properly collect all the feedback. To begin with, we’ll be inviting a very small number of people onto the website, so you may not receive your Welcome email straight away.
We’ll be sending those Welcome emails out over the coming weeks and, once yours arrives, you’ll be able to log in and start helping us develop the Pottermore experience.
The blog post continues, describing the way in which beta testers may give feedback to the site, including a feedback button and survey for each beta tester.
Finally, the blog post makes mention of registration for the October.  The post states:
- If you have submitted your email address to be notified when registration is open to all, then you’ll be hearing from us soon, and you'll be able to register for entry in October.
- If you asked to be notified when registration was open to all but also registered for Beta, then you may receive two emails from us. You do not have to register for October if you already have a validated early access (Beta) account. In other words, if you received a Beta ‘Congratulations!’ message then you can ignore the ‘Pottermore registration is now open’ email (although do feel free to forward it to your friends!).
Stick very close to Leaky for the latest!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Stmungosspew_thumb

@bcfgrg wow that is weird… idk they cant let every1 in.. so far i have heard that about 400 people are in.. at this rate those who registered on day 7 will get it around the end of September!! you should have gotten in!!! as for me i got in on day 3 so it may take some time for me!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 15, 2011, 07:51 PM report to moderator

I’m sooooooo excited!!!
I want my email so much….and Im descontroladed too.
REALLY descontroladed. I guess my mother think that I’m mad… More than I alredy am. :P

Posted by camila_black08 on August 15, 2011, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Ginger_family_thumb

My son and I got in right after the clue went up on day 1 and I hope he gets his welcome email soon since he is still on summer break. I want mine too, but I’m kind of hoping it doesn’t come until this Friday, so when I get my first look, I actually have a lot of time to explore the site over weekend when I can stay up late and not have to worry about the M-F work schedule that has me up at 5:30am for work up in DC. ;)

Posted by gingerfan on August 15, 2011, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@fairylights04 Woah, that’s barely a dent… It’s understandable, though. People that are totally freaking out about this need to know that. :P Guys, that means that only 0.005% (and I’m rounding up of course) of the selected beta testers have been allowed in so far, -- give or take a few.

@bcfgrg Aww, I feel for you. The people that got it on the first day totally deserve to get it first before any of the other days. It was almost impossible I’ve heard. Maybe you’ll get it tomorrow.

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 15, 2011, 08:30 PM report to moderator
N1081704126_19359_1414_thumb

I have only been this excited when the last book came out. I cannot wait to explore the world of Pottermore.

Posted by Runwild101 (Robby) on August 15, 2011, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Denver_thumb

guys I’m freaking out!! I felt so lucky I got in the very first day, after only a few minutes the clue was on.. even though I postponed sleeping for two days or so..! I mean, it was worth it! but now I’m stuck here waiting for this welcome mail while all those people are already messing around with the site and I’m wondering why the hell I’m not in yet!!! aaaaahhhhh!!!! I’m losing all reason!! (at least the little I had left!)

Posted by nexthursday aka Flame on August 15, 2011, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

On every site I’ve been to, the order people are getting their invitations appears to be random…not at all based on what day you got in. Soon…we will all be in!

Posted by Rin68nyr on August 15, 2011, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Excellent! I can’t wait for my e-mail! I signed up on the last day, so I’ll probably be late to the BETA testing parade. XD

Posted by Mad But Happy on August 15, 2011, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Iconator_6f49d3d21092e00bd5143836ef5b871a_thumb

so excited I got my 2nd email so I’m definately in, I just need that welcome email and I’m officially in squeee

Posted by lizzardbreath on August 15, 2011, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

I am soso excited about this!!!!! I have to get my email!! I have to keep checking my spam though to make sure it isn’t there, because that is where my congratulation email went.

@nexthursday Haha, I feel for you! Though I registered the third day. I am being very paranoid and keep checking the email and spam every chance I get. Haha, I think I lost all reason as soon as I heard about Pottermore, and then woke up at four in the morning to register… But that would mean there are a lot of crazy people on here. But of course crazy in a good way!

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 15, 2011, 10:30 PM report to moderator

I think that all of the day 1 people got in today and in 1 week all of the day 2 people will get in because if you count all the weeks from now untill October you will get 7 weeks, so I think day 2 people will get in next week and day 3 people the week after that and so on and so forth.

Posted by harrypotterfan808 on August 15, 2011, 10:33 PM report to moderator
3269316169_13ac1c4122_thumb

Oh, sooo exciting!!! it’s just like Christmas isn’t it!!! I’m not in just yet but checking that welcome e-mail like a true owl :))) Since I want no spoiling, I will not be reading too many comments or look at pictures for now!
See you all in Pottermore, the land of magic!

Posted by hibou333 (Roar) on August 15, 2011, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@harrypotterfan808 That makes sense, but for some reason people from day 7 are getting in..

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 15, 2011, 10:38 PM report to moderator

@S Palms [(^HISS^!)] That kinda stinks. I would think that day 1 people should get in first and day 2 second and so on and so forth. I would think that that would be the most fair way to do it.

Posted by harrypotterfan808 on August 15, 2011, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Dolphin_thumb

@harrypotterfan808 But then I would to wait too long… I guess this will be a lesson of patience for me. Ugh. I CAN DO THIS! I think. Hmph.

@S Palms So there are people from day 7 getting on? Then maybe I have a chance of getting on earlier.

Are they done letting people on this week, or are they going to a little more?

Posted by AlexandraMayWood on August 15, 2011, 10:51 PM report to moderator

...George confided to Harry that he and Fred were now working on developing something else. Harry made a mental note never to accept so much as a crisp from Fred and George in the future. He still hadn't forgotten Dudley and the Ton-Tongue Toffee.