Dan Radcliffe Talks "The Woman in Black"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
August 17, 2011, 08:04 PM

Yahoo has a new interview up with Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) where he discusses why he decided to make "The Woman in Black" his first post-Harry Potter film:

Radcliffe said, "It was certainly not a part that people can really compare to Harry… But [the] main attraction, to be honest, was simply the story, and how compelling it was, and being a part of a really, really good horror film."

In "The Woman in Black," Radcliffe plays Arthur Kipps, a lawyer whose wife has died leaving him with a young son.  He is sent to a small village to sort out the affairs of a deceased client, but as he delves into local secrets he encounters a ghostly presence that foretells a deadly curse.  Radcliffe called the film's script "a character-driven, well-written horror film that had the capability of being just as scary as any Paranormal Activity,' or any of those films that have recently come out,  while also having a depth of character that you don't often find there."

Radcliffe also discusses how Adrian Rawlins (James Potter) played Arthur Kipps in the 1989 television movie of "The Woman in Black":

Radcliffe recalled that he had finished work on the final film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," and was preparing for this when he learned this fact.  He said, "I went online and, saw, suddenly, yes, Adrian Rawlins's name came up who was one of loveliest actors we've ever had on 'Potter,' and he played my dad."  Radcliffe said the link was entirely coincidental, but that "it was another bit of kinship we had there."

You can read the rest of the article here. The teaser trailer for "The Woman in Black" was released yesterday. "The Woman in Black" will be released February 3, 2012.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Jenavieve_one_thumb

thats so cool how they guy who played james was in the firsst one !!! Looks soooo creepy !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 17, 2011, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

first comment :)

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 17, 2011, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

:) MY AVATAR WORKS!!!!!!!!! see?!?! it is me and tom felton (draco malfoy) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on August 17, 2011, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How very nice…

Posted by Won_Two on August 17, 2011, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Can;t wait for this movie. Seems to be a great scary one. Gotta read the book now…guess a trip to the library is in order And congrats on the pic Mudblood,….nice!

Posted by beewell on August 17, 2011, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

Nice. Father and Son sharing connections. lol. Anyways, I can’t wait to see more pics. I probably can’t see the movie for a while, but I’ll see more info on it!

Posted by Tanderule on August 17, 2011, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Tom-felton_thumb

@beewell I can’t wait for this movie either, and now I’d love to read the book! The trailer gave me chills, but it looks so interesting!
@Mudblood_and_proud I love your picture!! I wish that was me so much!

Posted by Maddie Malfoy on August 17, 2011, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I hope this doesn’t disappoint.

Posted by HogwartsForever on August 17, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

The more I hear, and see, about this movie, the more I cant wait to see it!. I know Dan will be amazing! :D

Posted by LunaLuver on August 17, 2011, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

i am looking forward to watching it but i need to know the rating

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 17, 2011, 10:16 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Sounds like a great film… tried to get the book for Kindle but not available. Really want to read it tho!!! Daniel looks awesome! And how Twilight-Zone-ish that his film dad also played that part!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on August 17, 2011, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

…and I just looked up Adrian Rawlins on IMDB.com and it noted that he was "Born on the same day as James Potter, the character he plays in the “Harry Potter” films." Oooooohhhh…..!!!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on August 17, 2011, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Dl_10_thumb

soooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on August 17, 2011, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

wanna see it , definetely

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on August 17, 2011, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ss_003_thumb

OK…that trailer gave me chills…big bad creepy chills because of the movie itself, and some good chills to see Dan lookin’ fiiiiine. Yes, the movie will probably get a good turn out because of HP fans, however I really hope it does well on it’s own. Dan is working so hard to be accepted as Dan the actor and not just the guy who played Harry Potter, he deserves a good movie and a good script to win over the masses. I hope this is good!!!

Posted by Stixvix on August 17, 2011, 11:51 PM report to moderator

"One does not parade the fact that one is All-Knowing. I frequently act as though I am not possessed of the Inner Eye, so as not to make others nervous."[br]"That explains a great deal," said Professor McGonagall tartly.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014