Pottermore Blog Gives Additional Info on Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 02, 2011, 03:25 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has answered a few more questions with regards to the Magical Quill Challenge. Of particular interest might be the time frame during which the fourth clue will be posted:

So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow's clue (Day 4) will be released between 2.00pm and 6.00pm BST.

Additional questions are included here. For your reference 2:00 pm BST is 9:00 am EST and 6:00 am PST.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hermione_poster_thumb

Won’t take me to site

Posted by silverkacy on August 03, 2011, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

is the answer 112?

Posted by silverkacy on August 03, 2011, 10:55 AM report to moderator

I don’t see a quill, just the sony store. Am I doing it wrong?

Posted by efairy on August 03, 2011, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I gotta tell you, this is making me hate Pottermore. I find the quill, get this big CONGRATULATIONS – I’m jumping up and down in my chair, and then I get taken back to the CLUE? WT*?

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 10:57 AM report to moderator

I keep getting something about “page vanished” when I try 112.
If I got “Sony” I’d think I was making progress!

Posted by trontech on August 03, 2011, 10:59 AM report to moderator

So confused.

Posted by efairy on August 03, 2011, 10:59 AM report to moderator
Logen_cruz_thumb

there was a problem, they changed it. Just go to http://quill.pottermore.com/112 now and you’ll get in

Posted by allprostar31 on August 03, 2011, 11:03 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I don’t know what happened – I kept going back to the Sony page and all of the sudden – I’m taking to register! I’m REGISTERED! I LOVE Pottermore!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 11:03 AM report to moderator

I am in! WildElm176!

Posted by efairy on August 03, 2011, 11:03 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

YIPPEE!!! – That was so weird – I honestly don’t know how or what happened. Did everyone make it????

Congratulations!
You’ve successfully validated your early access Pottermore account. You will be one of the lucky few to shape the experience before the site opens to all in October.

You may have to wait a few weeks for your Welcome email to arrive as we can’t let everyone into the Beta site at the same time.

We look forward to seeing you.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Oh, yeah, I’m PixieThorn6 – I love that name!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Yay efairy! I’m so glad!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 11:08 AM report to moderator

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!! I GOT IN!!!! So excited right now you don’t even know! I’m SilverWing156. I’m so happy they fixed the problem! I wasn’t working and then suddenly it did! WOOOOOOO! So happy! Congrats to everyone that got in!

Posted by nitaro48 on August 03, 2011, 11:09 AM report to moderator

I don’t know what happened either, but I now know that Sony page inside and out. At least I made it in.

Posted by The Mad Muggle on August 03, 2011, 11:09 AM report to moderator

"Black and Potter. Ringleaders of their little gang. Both very bright, of course -- exceptionally bright, in fact -- but I don't think we've ever had such a pair of troublemakers --"[br]"I dunno," chuckled Hagrid. "Fred and George Weasley could give 'em a