Pottermore Blog Gives Additional Info on Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 02, 2011, 03:25 PM

The Pottermore Insider blog has answered a few more questions with regards to the Magical Quill Challenge. Of particular interest might be the time frame during which the fourth clue will be posted:

So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow's clue (Day 4) will be released between 2.00pm and 6.00pm BST.

Additional questions are included here. For your reference 2:00 pm BST is 9:00 am EST and 6:00 am PST.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Ruin_thumb

Whoop!!! I had to close my internet completely, opened again and typed http://quill.pottermore.com/112 directly into the address bar I got to a page saying ‘overwhelming response’ that kept refreshing itself. After about 10 refreshes, I was in! Hurrah!

Good luck to those who haven’t made it yet. Keep trying. Getting to that Sony window was darned annoying!

Posted by nundu on August 03, 2011, 11:11 AM report to moderator

Finally gotten my mail.I’m in too :-)

So excited!

@LovesLaborLost: It was the same with me today. Odd, but certainly not complaining squee

Posted by minervaxy on August 03, 2011, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I did it after I calmed down and stopped screaming at J.K.

Posted by silverkacy on August 03, 2011, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Img_2610_thumb

Me TOOO!!!! I love my name to …. PixieDraconis203!!!

For those who haven’t got in yet … KEEP TRYING … Cheering you all on!!

Posted by Sherette7769 on August 03, 2011, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Mad, that really did make me laugh out loud. I’m sure Sony is thrilled. SO glad you and nitaro and efairy made it! Kacy, did you get in?

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Congrats, Kacy and everyone who is in – keep trying everyone, if you’re not in yet!

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 11:24 AM report to moderator

I got in through Internet Explorer, Firefox kept giving me that sony store sight. I guess they didnt make the link available at the start or something. Anyway, i signed up, for some reason most of my account names had the word Nimbus in it, and i am now waiting for the email….

Posted by Mr.Bones on August 03, 2011, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

registration has closed again

Posted by roonwit on August 03, 2011, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Registration for Day 4 is closed! I feel so lucky. Yeah! Know of anyone who registered earlier who got their offical welcome email? What is that like? I got my registration one and completed that part.

Posted by LovesLaborLost on August 03, 2011, 11:33 AM report to moderator

I suspected Firefox wasn’t right for this job so I also had a tab going in Internet Explorer. Firefox got through and I am ShadowKnight202.

Congrats to all who made in it that scant 30 minute window. See you on Pottermore!

Posted by trontech on August 03, 2011, 11:39 AM report to moderator

I am waiting on my registration email…

Posted by efairy on August 03, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator

Nevermind, just got it! I have Dumbledore on Privet drive, watching the warm, lighted houses. I am so happy. I hope they let me in sooner than later.

Posted by efairy on August 03, 2011, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Wow, that was a short window. I was checking every 10 to 15 minutes begining at 8:00AM EDT and found it open at 10:15AM EDT. It closed at 11:00AM EDT. Now I am waiting impatiently for the confirmation e-mail !!

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 03, 2011, 11:48 AM report to moderator

I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY FEW!!!! I WILL HELP BUILD POTTERMORE WOOOHOOO!!!!! I get to meet my fav characters, ron, ginny, luna, and more!!!!!!!! BEST DAY EVER!!

Posted by Cordelia Bushweed on August 03, 2011, 02:25 PM report to moderator

It’s been 6 hours since I got in and I haven’t stopped smiling! Best day in a very long time!

Posted by trontech on August 03, 2011, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"It was foolish to come here tonight, Tom," said Dumbledore calmly. "The Aurors are on their way --"[br]"By which time I shall be gone, and you dead!" spat Voldemort.