Happy Birthday, Stephen Fry!

Actor Birthdays
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 24, 2011, 10:10 AM

Birthday wishes go out today to Stephen Fry, notable British actor, Tweeter, and narrator of the UK Harry Potter audio books. We hope you'll join us at Leaky in wishing Mr. Fry a happy 54th birthday!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Birthdays News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Love love love love love love love Stephen Fry, how could you even compare Jim Dale c’mon. I truly do love you Stephen, Moab Is My Washpot is truly amazing and I will never get enough of QI, your wonderful mind or your many witticisms

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 25, 2011, 03:31 PM report to moderator

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO STEPHEN! :) Sorry I commented a little late! I still think you’re amazing and when I get too tired to read, I of course listen to Stephen’s voice reading the books! =)

Posted by . on August 26, 2011, 12:31 AM report to moderator

@siena. Didn’t sound brummie to me but then I’m just a posh southerner lol. Only my opinion but this accent just doesn’t seem to ‘fit’…others may disagree. Gotta disagree strongly on McGonagall though. Pottermore apparently says “Minerva McGonagall was the first child, and only daughter, of a Scottish Presbyterian minister and a Hogwarts-educated witch. She grew up in the Highlands of Scotland in the early twentieth century…” Anyway..she wears tartan (e.g. when catching Malfoy out of bed in the Philosophers Stone and at Yule Ball in GOF) and eats shortbread (offered to Harry after a brush with Umbridge in OOTP)..nuff said.

Posted by hpyoda on August 26, 2011, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Happy Birthday, Mr. Fry! Thanks for entertaining so many of us!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on August 29, 2011, 07:53 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Okay, you have more information about McGonagall … I’m not on pottermore (yet) … but she offers Harry Gingernuts not Shortbread in OoTP … okay, I’m being annoying here … we both agree anyway that Stephen’s reading is superb – and that’s most important :)

Posted by siena on August 30, 2011, 06:42 AM report to moderator

Ah ha yes….Disk 7 Track 51…0.49….a Ginger Newt…in a Tartan Tin though! (enough already!). Agreed siena Stephen’s reading is what it’s all about….magical!

Posted by hpyoda on August 30, 2011, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Happy birthday Stephen!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 05, 2011, 11:37 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

He threw Pigwidgeon out of the window. Pigwidgeon plummeted twelve feet before managing to pull himself back up again; the letter attached to his leg was much longer and heavier than usual -- Harry hadn't been able to resist giving Sirius a blow-by-blow a