Pottermore Insider Answers Questions About Beta Testing and Welcome E-Mails

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 03:35 PM

A new blog post has gone up on the Pottermore Insider following the latest batch of welcome e-mails which were sent out today.

Several frequently asked questions about the beta process are covered in this latest update as well as the timeline for receiving welcome e-mails. The Insider also denies the rumor that welcome letters will be sent out sooner to those who have been friended by other Pottermore users.

Beta phases are fluid and it’s important to watch and see how a site reacts to increasing amounts of users and activity.

Every time more people are added to Pottermore, we take a pause and look at how the site is responding to see if everything is working as we expect it to and whether we need to make changes before we let more people into Pottermore.

We are planning on giving more people early access over the next week or so and then we will pause sending Welcome emails for a while so that we can see how things are going.

Unfortunately, we can’t create a schedule to share, as we need to respond to what we learn with each group of new users. That’s also why there are gaps between the batches of Welcome emails; it all depends on what we’re learning from those who are currently on the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Images_thumb

@ mencia Oh, yeah… I also look for tweets about PM… and some blogs belonging to those that are already in… and, of course, Leaky… seems the only way to participate.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 06:11 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

mencia: They are doing it in steps, something like 10,000 a day for the first week and a half, probably about 30,000 for the past 3 batches, which will probably continue for the rest of the week. Then we get the pause, after which they will most likely go for bigger batches again, maybe 100,000 a day.

Posted by roonwit on August 30, 2011, 07:02 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@ roonwit thanks for the update, hopefully I will get mine before the pause although that seems unlikely.
@cb160 yea I do that too but the more I read about it, the more I wanna be in too

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@cb160 – find any particularly good blogs you’d share?

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 30, 2011, 07:29 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ purplehogwarts Well, I look for the blogs like Never tickle a sleeping Dragon Wombat, Owl Watch 2011, seekerrose.wordpress.com, Roseseer195 and silverheart91.tumblr, and I also found quite a lot of videos on youtube.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

And now word is out that they are new emails on the way – but I still see no news on PM Insider – though last week I’ve seen it intervening even among tweeters to respond.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 09:08 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

And now came also the PM insider update!

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 09:13 AM report to moderator

They just posted to Twitter that they’re sending out more emails! ((Tuesday 30 August), from approximately 1:15pm (BST) according to the insider)

Of course, as a Day Sixer here, I’m sure I’m stuck ‘til the very end :( Especially since there are so many Day 1-2 folks who don’t appear to have gotten in yet. It’s getting harder and harder to be patient. I know and understand why they have to stagger entry, but it doesn’t make it any easier to wait. While I signed up for Leaky years ago, I haven’t really signed in in a long time (so missed all the new-to-me profile stuff). Now I’m waiting to choose a house here until I get sorted on PM. I’d love to know what my colors are!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on August 30, 2011, 09:14 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

I want to check my inbox but I’m afraid I might be disappointed like before… should I check or not, I only got in on day 4 so there isn’t much hope

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ mencia I’m a Day 4er too…, and checked already: nothing! But you try, and try also to log in even without the email, maybe you’re fortunate! to me it didn’t work… yet.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 09:28 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@ cb160 I didn’t get my email and my account is not yet active on pottermore either

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 09:43 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ mencia Well… I guess we’ll have to wait a little longer, and, who knows? But keep trying, even you don’t get Errol.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ mencia I remember the owner of Owl watch 2011 shared that she got her email after a longer time, in her batch’s line, and couldn’t log in till the very moment that she received it. So…

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 09:52 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@ cb160 yea we should just keep trying to be patient :)

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 09:54 AM report to moderator
Img_2610_thumb

I’m also a day 4 … I’ll keep checking, but I too think it’s not much of an “early entry” if we have to wait until then end of Sept.

Posted by Sherette7769 on August 30, 2011, 10:20 AM report to moderator

"I just can't justify taking more time off at the moment," he told them. "Mr. Crouch is really starting to rely on me."[br]"Yeah, you know what, Percy?" said George seriously. "I reckon he'll know your name soon."