Pottermore Insider Answers Questions About Beta Testing and Welcome E-Mails

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 03:35 PM

A new blog post has gone up on the Pottermore Insider following the latest batch of welcome e-mails which were sent out today.

Several frequently asked questions about the beta process are covered in this latest update as well as the timeline for receiving welcome e-mails. The Insider also denies the rumor that welcome letters will be sent out sooner to those who have been friended by other Pottermore users.

Beta phases are fluid and it’s important to watch and see how a site reacts to increasing amounts of users and activity.

Every time more people are added to Pottermore, we take a pause and look at how the site is responding to see if everything is working as we expect it to and whether we need to make changes before we let more people into Pottermore.

We are planning on giving more people early access over the next week or so and then we will pause sending Welcome emails for a while so that we can see how things are going.

Unfortunately, we can’t create a schedule to share, as we need to respond to what we learn with each group of new users. That’s also why there are gaps between the batches of Welcome emails; it all depends on what we’re learning from those who are currently on the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

from what I can tell from the facebook unofficial pottermore pages most people getting their emails are those from day 2

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Ha! Something nice happened! Earlier this day, I entered PM Insider blog, asking why there was no word from them, though obviously ppl were getting new welcome mails. I meant the update, but they thought I was reffering to myself – so now I got an email from the admin, answering that “unfortunately you weren’t selected yet”!!! OK, so you can get in touch with them…

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 10:28 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

great! at least that way you can ask them directly whatever concerns you may have. thanks cb160 I might just do that. I will ask if they are doing it in order of registration now, since most people seem to think so

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ mencia Then go to “Contact us” from PM Insider’s blog, and please let us other know the answer… when you’ll get it!

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Some of us, most who have been around for a good while, really do know who & what we are quite well thank you!

Posted by Won_Two on August 30, 2011, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Oh God, when I see tweets saying “Now I’ve got the welcome letter for my second account”!

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Won_Two Doesn’t matter either where was anyone’s “around” or for how long, believe me we never stop for good surprising ourselves, no matter how old we are. If we still keep our eyes open. Or, if you prefer, don’t believe me… It won’t change a mere fact.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 10:57 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

@cb160 I can’t believe some are so selfish as to apply for two accounts and having both these accounts when so many of us are still waiting for just that one email. I posted the question to the insider, lets wait and see if they’ll respond. how long did they take to respond to yours?

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 11:03 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ mencia Posted in the morning, got answered in the afternoon… less then 6 hours, but I believe when I posted it was to early (or to late) for them. By the way, you know I’ve seen even tweets saying “I’m giving away second account, contact me”?

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@cb160 and mencia, I’m with you guys on this! Why did ppl apply for more than one account? That’s not going to help the PM team at all… instead it’s going to give them false results. It also takes away the opportunity for others (like us) to get in! Still no mail for me, btw!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 30, 2011, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Halfblood Princess Yeah… seen one explaining:“Think I’m gonna keep the second account, like better the username”. Well, their luck to have the accounts, their right to do whatever they want with… hopefully they won’t try anything mischievious.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 11:17 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

well BST is the same as Namibian Winter time so my 15h53 is also the same at their side meaning it’s afternoon for them too thus they should be able to respond to mine early although they may have many posts to respond to.
it’s just so unfair and selfish of those having more than one account.

Posted by mencia on August 30, 2011, 11:21 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@cb160: where is the “contact us” thing on PM Insider? I don’t see it anywhere… : /

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 30, 2011, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Halfblood Princess Go on PM Insider’s blog, love, not PM Insider where the updates are.

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ mencia You winter now? How is it?

Posted by cb160 on August 30, 2011, 11:28 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"What're you doin' here?" said Hagrid furiously. "Get outta my house!"[br]"My dear man, please believe me, I have no pleasure at all in being inside your -- er -- d'you call this a house?" said Lucius Malfoy, sneering as he looked around the small cabin.