Pottermore Insider Answers Questions About Beta Testing and Welcome E-Mails

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 25, 2011, 03:35 PM

A new blog post has gone up on the Pottermore Insider following the latest batch of welcome e-mails which were sent out today.

Several frequently asked questions about the beta process are covered in this latest update as well as the timeline for receiving welcome e-mails. The Insider also denies the rumor that welcome letters will be sent out sooner to those who have been friended by other Pottermore users.

Beta phases are fluid and it’s important to watch and see how a site reacts to increasing amounts of users and activity.

Every time more people are added to Pottermore, we take a pause and look at how the site is responding to see if everything is working as we expect it to and whether we need to make changes before we let more people into Pottermore.

We are planning on giving more people early access over the next week or so and then we will pause sending Welcome emails for a while so that we can see how things are going.

Unfortunately, we can’t create a schedule to share, as we need to respond to what we learn with each group of new users. That’s also why there are gaps between the batches of Welcome emails; it all depends on what we’re learning from those who are currently on the site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

@ MagicBclPlyr, I was secretly hoping for that as well! It would be really wnoderful if they sent out a big, big batch on the start of term and then take the “break” to respond to anything that might come (feedback, bugs, server issues, etc.) from such a big batch. This next weekend is a long holiday weekend in the US, and for many the weekend right before school starts, so it would be perfect timing. hopes

Posted by Rosalinda Rosmerta on August 31, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator

I caught the quill on day 2 and got my email on Monday, and someone else I know was the same. I was sorted into Ravenclaw (surprised, but pleased..I thought for sure I would be Hufflepuff). The current number sorted is 138, 250

Posted by songbird on August 31, 2011, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

138.636 on PM now

Posted by cb160 on August 31, 2011, 04:42 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ purplehogwarts Found http://roseseer195.blogspot.com?

Posted by cb160 on August 31, 2011, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

It’s 12.11AM at my home, 1 September, and No OwL!!!

Posted by cb160 on August 31, 2011, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

138, 914 on PM now

Posted by cb160 on August 31, 2011, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

Wow, cb160, the numbers are growing much faster than they were before…

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on August 31, 2011, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@S Palms Now 138.988!

Posted by cb160 on August 31, 2011, 06:18 PM report to moderator

@Rosalinda Fingers crossed! Though even if they do send out a big batch I don’t expect to be among them since I’m a Day Sixer…

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on August 31, 2011, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

Thanks, cb160. I hope the numbers continue to grow throughout the night! Increase my chance of receiving my owl!

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 31, 2011, 10:51 PM report to moderator

I am a day3er and it feels like and eternity since I completed the Quill Challenge!! II also made accounts for 7 of my friends (Day 3,4,and 6) and none of them have got in yet either. As excited as I am, I am SOOO very stressed about being sorted and getting my wand! I have heard that it is amazing though and I cannot WAIT to get in! My poor phone is getting put through it! I must check Pottermore Insider a million times a day THEN refresh my email every 15 minutes! I am hoping tomorrow is the lucky day! :D

Posted by magicneverends85 on August 31, 2011, 11:07 PM report to moderator

Posted by magicneverends85 on August 31, 2011, 11:07 PM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

no owl so far :(

Posted by mencia on September 01, 2011, 09:38 AM report to moderator

Me neither…Classes start soon. I know Prof. Snape will be REALLY angry if I miss the first day of class! I would hate to be in detention the FIRST week I get there! :)

Posted by GNewt23 on September 01, 2011, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Nothing… :( Still no owl!
Another day without PM… how can anybody day that it is a waste of time and electricity? Shame on them! Why did they apply for an account then? Those people as well as the ones that applied for second accounts are taking valuable spaces for real Potter fans… Anyway, I guess PM doesn’t know how to detect those things.

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 01, 2011, 10:53 AM report to moderator

He seized his left ear and pulled. His whole head swung off his neck and fell onto his shoulder as if it was on a hinge. Someone had obviously tried to behead him, but not done it properly.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014