More Magical Quill Challenge Questions Answered on Pottermore Blog

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 03, 2011, 04:52 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has added to their FAQ about the Magical Quill Challenge by addressing issues regarding the fourth clue, as well as information regarding registering multiple accounts:

I solved the clue for Day 4 but I couldn't find The Magical Quill. What happened?
Due to huge demand today, not everyone who solved the Day 4 clue was able to find The Magical Quill. To ensure no one missed out on the chance to register for early access to Pottermore, we decided to direct people who successfully solved the clue straight to the Pottermore registration page, where they were able to register as normal.

I’ve found The Magical Quill more than once. Am I allowed to create multiple early access Pottermore accounts?
No. You may only register for the early access period once. Please refer to the conditions of participation in The Magical Quill promotion Terms & Conditions.

Read more questions and answers here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Raven_avatar_thumb

LOL… I got so angry when I could not find that stinkin’ quill!!! looool…

Posted by Won_Two on August 03, 2011, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I don’t see why people make multiple accounts. It’s unnecessary!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 03, 2011, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Jenavieve_one_thumb

haha it was annoying ! i was like " WHATS GOING ON HE- oh, heh there it is" it was just random and glitched !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 03, 2011, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

I had my laptop with me since 7:20 this morning (which is 12:20 BST)… eagerly awaiting the clue… but then I had to drive to my grandmother’s house. We stopped at Wawa so it took about 30 mins. During that 30 minutes, the clue opened and closed. I missed it! Urgh. Better luck tomorrow, me.

Posted by obiwancrazy on August 03, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Oh I forgot to mention I was watching the site from 7:20 to about 11:00.

Posted by obiwancrazy on August 03, 2011, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

Well I expect those who are making multiple accounts would be for friends and relatives who were unavailable during the registration times. Or wanted to re-register if they had that issue with Yahoo! Mail that was going on.

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on August 03, 2011, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on August 03, 2011, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Good luck to everyone. We need the serious Potter fans on Pottermore.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 03, 2011, 06:51 PM report to moderator

What time would you say clue five will be out in Ireland?

Posted by Her-mio-ne on August 03, 2011, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Me_with_curly_hair_thumb

I missed my audition because I stayed up all night watching for the clue and I passed out at about 8am, woke up at 11 and it was closed, so I thought I’d try to get some sleep since I missed registration and I wanted to look human for my audition, but I slept right through it! I guess I’m more dedicated to Potter than I am to acting!

Posted by Umbridgeintraining_^HISS^_[FTC!] on August 03, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_thumb

Issue with Yahoo! mail? That explains everything. :/ I couldn’t log in at all, and am missing the whole thing. TRAGEDY.

Posted by Kessalia19 on August 03, 2011, 07:44 PM report to moderator

I got in on Tuesday and still haven’t gotten my verification e-mail. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m nervous, my 48 hours are almost up!!!!!

Posted by WitchChrissyAmI on August 03, 2011, 07:47 PM report to moderator

xD Yes, the Magical Quill was slightly unnecessary. lOl. I think just letting them register is better! (:

Posted by . on August 03, 2011, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

I am rather disappointed, quite frankly, at this poor explanation about what was supposed to happen (were we supposed to find it on the Sony site? Was I just bumped there because the website was so busy?). “To ensure no one missed out on the chance to register for early access to Pottermore, we decided to direct people who successfully solved the clue straight to the Pottermore registration page” I don’t consider the Sony page I stared at for five minutes (with quite a few refreshes in there) the same thing as the Pottermore registration page.

Posted by jillians642 on August 03, 2011, 08:18 PM report to moderator

I’ve found this process completely frustrating…not the least of which is I have a job and don’t have hours to sit monitoring my messages for news that registration is open.

Posted by sensiblegal on August 03, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator

Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as she spent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors.