Harry Potter: Page to Screen Book to be Released in October

Misc
Posted by: Mel
August 30, 2011, 03:57 PM

On October 25th, Harpercollins will be releasing Harry Potter: Page to Screen, a new in-depth look at the making of the Harry Potter films:

Harry Potter: Page to Screen...is packed with spellbinding details and hundred of never-before-seen photographs and illustrations that provide an insightful, in-depth look at the inner workings of the world of Harry Potter. The book unravels some of the films' most peculiar mysteries, such as how Harry's Invisibility Cloak became visible, which mythical creature required the most make-up, and why the Sorting Hat failed miserably as a puppet, while also addressing some of the broader issues surrounding the set, including the impact of Richard Harris's death on the cast and crew, and the young stars' thoughts on growing up on a public stage.

Complete with extensive profiles of the cast and crew, this lavishly illustrated volume is the official behind-the-scenes look at the art and making of the most popular film series in cinema history as told by the Muggles who made the magic real.

You can pre-order the book, which costs $47.25, here on Amazon.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

Already have my pre-order, can’t wait to get it. :)

Posted by Tfffan28 on August 30, 2011, 08:08 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

I agree that it sounds just like Film Wizardry but with a higher price tag. Personally, I thought the best thing about Film Wizardry was all the cool extras they included. I don’t need another book telling me pretty much the same things that the last one told me. I’d rather save my money and get the ultimate edition of DH.1 and DH.2. I’m hoping they’ll combine the two as a set but if they wring more money out of us by selling them separately, I expect we’ll have to get them that way.

Posted by DeliaDee on August 30, 2011, 08:15 PM report to moderator

I just order it. It looks awesome.

Posted by carole44 on August 30, 2011, 08:53 PM report to moderator

I have the Ultimate Editions 1-6. I really enjoy them. Just waiting to complete the set with DH 1 and 2

Posted by carole44 on August 30, 2011, 08:56 PM report to moderator

That is brilliant! I so want one! But then again . . . I want everything that has to do with Harry Potter! :)

Posted by . on August 30, 2011, 11:10 PM report to moderator

Too expensive… (It’s £31.49 in the UK). I don’t think anything could top Film Wizardry, that’s an amazing book, so won’t be paying more for Page to Screen! I will get it at some point though ;)

Posted by JoRowlingRocks on August 31, 2011, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Looks totally awesome!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 31, 2011, 03:11 AM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

Sounds Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on August 31, 2011, 03:29 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

Buying this as soon as it comes out. :) I miss buying something HP related in a bookstore.

Posted by Petra on August 31, 2011, 03:59 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

Wow!!! I really hope I can get it :D

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on August 31, 2011, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Gotta get that. Will have to wait until payday but I do believe I’ll be ordering that. Can’t have too many HP things!

Posted by beewell on August 31, 2011, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Da_thumb

wowww. o.o

Posted by harrypotter4258 on August 31, 2011, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Img_0058_-_kopie_thumb

Sounds really cool. If I can get my hands on it, here in Belgium, than I’m definitely buying it! as a present for my good exam results (even if they’re not good xD)

Posted by KittyVD on August 31, 2011, 08:55 AM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

Add that to my list of HP things to buy

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on August 31, 2011, 08:56 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

Was going to ask for it for Xmas, but not for that price! I’ll wait until it goes on sale.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on August 31, 2011, 11:32 AM report to moderator

The air was suddenly full of the swishing cloaks. Between graves, behind the yew tree, in every shadowy space, wizards were Apparating. All of them were hooded and masked. And one by one they moved forward... slowly, cautiously, as though they could hardl