Sony and Pottermore to Launch Special eReader with "Harry Potter" Book Extra

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 31, 2011, 07:06 PM

In a report released by PCWorld today, Sony's updated eReader lineup will feature a special model eReader which includes a "free download voucher for the first Harry Potter ebook title, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."  The article, available to read here, goes through the latest line up of Sony eReaders which will include the PRS-T1HBC model, packaged with the free download voucher.  Additional information about the pairing and release have not yet been released, with PC World noting "Sony hasn't indicated whether the T1HBC would carry premium pricing, nor has it said where that model will be sold."

As readers will recall, earlier this month Leaky first heard rumblings of a rumor of a special Pottermore-bundled eReader set for release this November.  We have not heard further news on this, but will update you when we know more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Jenavieve_one_thumb

first comment :) sounds coolio !

Posted by AlexWeasley12 {WitchFelicis130} on August 31, 2011, 07:16 PM report to moderator

I actually prefer print books, but it sounds really cool :DD

Posted by camila_black08 on August 31, 2011, 07:34 PM report to moderator
269071_243257649019738_146705262008311_1068786_4799908_n_thumb

I like print books better too, but if you’re a big reader who is traveling ebooks REALLY help :)

Posted by sparkle9 on August 31, 2011, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

If people keep reading HP I don’t care if it’s on paper or ereader.

Posted by Girlraven1 on August 31, 2011, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I hope a version eventually comes out for my Kindle…

Posted by Won_Two on August 31, 2011, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Although I want to get the HP books on my Kindle, I will not be purchasing another type of ereader just to get them.

Posted by Cool G on August 31, 2011, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

i prefer printed books but this isint too bad too bad it isint on kobo because im canadian not american

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on August 31, 2011, 09:18 PM report to moderator
Us_and_tom_thumb

I’m hoping they will be available for other e-readers and tablets. I was under the impression they would be when Pottermore was announced but who knows now?

Posted by rainbowapplefizz on August 31, 2011, 09:52 PM report to moderator
Foto446_05

A voucher for the download of the first book? Does anyone else think this is a little lame? I thought all seven books would be included in the Pottermore special ereader… It’s not like I could afford them from my little corner of the world, anyway, but to just include a voucher for the first one sounds more like they’re trying to attract new people than sell stuff to fans. I’d rather they sell stuff to fans.

Posted by Bell Dema [FTC!!!] on August 31, 2011, 10:15 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

I prefer printed books too…but you gotta love a gadget that allows you to have a whole library available to you at your fingertips! Makes a wonderful travel tool.

Posted by purplehogwarts on August 31, 2011, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Graylady_thumb

You will be able to buy all the HP books as e-books on Pottermore starting in October. You can put it on any e-reader… I can’t wait to download them onto my Nook in October. JK says all of this in her intro on the Pottermore.com website. Yay

Posted by snapegal27 on August 31, 2011, 11:17 PM report to moderator

I need one of those then, I LOVE the books, don’t get me wrong, but carrying it around is quite a hassle! I’m quite excited to also read it on one of them, even though it’ll be the same words and everything, I’m just excited to try everything new with Harry Potter! :D xD lOl.

Posted by . on September 01, 2011, 12:16 AM report to moderator

i hate it how with the paperback books you read them a few times and they get ripped and torn so i’m glad they will be avaliable as ebooks

Posted by 7Pirates on September 01, 2011, 12:45 AM report to moderator

They aren’t very clear, will the device itself be Harry Potter branded aswell? Like have a cool Potterific design on it? My already owned kindle, and lack of disposable income say I can’t buy it either way, but it would be nice to know what I’m going to miss out on. A machine that coats every book with Harry Potter? Sounds good to me.

Posted by pottermate on September 01, 2011, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It cool if you are travelling you don’t have to carry lot’s of books with you.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on September 01, 2011, 03:54 AM report to moderator

The first task was drawing steadily nearer; he felt as though it were crouching ahead of him like some horrific monster, barring his path... Harry was finding it hard to think about the future at all; he felt as though his whole life had been leading up t