Updated: Now Closed, Day 5 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 04, 2011, 01:11 PM

Update: Registration for day 5 is now closed; only two more days left!

Update #2: The Pottermore Insider has revealed the times for the last two registration days.

Day 6 will be released between 1:30pm and 4:00 pm BST (8:30am - 11am EST)
Day 7 will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST (7:30pm - 10pm EST)
The clue for Day 5 of the Magical Quill Challenge is now live, referencing Order of the Phoenix.
What is the house number of the Headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? Multiply this number by 21.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Th62a721c3_thumb

I’m so confused! So I’m looking for a quill on the website that the http://quill.pottermore.com/ url with the answer leads me too? maybe I’m reading too much into this

Posted by JennyLA on August 04, 2011, 01:38 PM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

YESSSSS! I registered. Now waiting anxiously for the email. But I think I am in!

Posted by TheGryffindorFox on August 04, 2011, 01:39 PM report to moderator

Yay I got in finally! Good luck to everyone else!

Posted by glow_freak on August 04, 2011, 01:40 PM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

@JennyLA: yes, it will take you to a website and there is a box at the top of the page where you click on the quill. That then takes you to the registration page.

Posted by TheGryffindorFox on August 04, 2011, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

@JennyLA: There are lots of flying feathers but click on the one that kind of glows.

Posted by Mollycairn on August 04, 2011, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

First attempt I got the message that the page had disappeared “…as if somebody had thrown an invisibility cloak over it.” Subsequent attempts to go to the destination url do nothing but erase the url I typed in. I hope others are having better luck.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 04, 2011, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Excellent!!!! I FINALLY got in!
This is sooooo great!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 04, 2011, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Th62a721c3_thumb

Oh, thanks guys. I did click on it but nothing was happening, but I have it now! Here I am playing games to try to find it. haha. I guess I was reading into it too much! :) So exciting!!

Posted by JennyLA on August 04, 2011, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

@JennyLA: Glad you got it!

Posted by Mollycairn on August 04, 2011, 01:54 PM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

@Pheonix1946: I had the same problem at first. Make sure you type in the url right – http://quill.pottermore.com/ and then answer after the slash

Posted by TheGryffindorFox on August 04, 2011, 01:54 PM report to moderator

Why do I get redirected to the HP scholastic page? I typed the URL correctly, but there’s nothing interesting happening.

Posted by EskimoJill on August 04, 2011, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

@EskimoJIll: Did you get to the Scholastic page? If so, the quill is at the top. If not, enter the URL again as mentioned above.

Posted by Mollycairn on August 04, 2011, 02:02 PM report to moderator

Nevermind… I had an ad blocker activated. That’s why I couldn’t see it. I’m in!

Posted by EskimoJill on August 04, 2011, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Th62a721c3_thumb

there should be what looks like an advertisement up at the top of the page. the magic quill is floating around in there and you have to click on it. It took me a few times but a link w/in the advertisment finally poped up.

Posted by JennyLA on August 04, 2011, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I’m curious why the question is being posted here on TLC. Is this the answer to the email that I sent to Pottermore? What I suggested was that it would be nice if those of us who were already in could see the question just because it’s fun to try to solve the puzzle/riddle of the day. When I first saw the question posted, I thought it seemed like it would be going against the rules but now that I think about it, it doesn’t. People still have to get the right page to come up. So, thank you, Pottermore – I think – and TLC.

Posted by Eeyore on August 04, 2011, 02:07 PM report to moderator

"This whole tournament's supposed to be about getting to know foreign wizards and making friends with them!" said Hermione hotly.[br]"No it isn't!" shouted Ron. "It's about winning!"[br]People were starting to stare at them.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014