Updated: Now Closed, Day 5 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 04, 2011, 01:11 PM

Update: Registration for day 5 is now closed; only two more days left!

Update #2: The Pottermore Insider has revealed the times for the last two registration days.

Day 6 will be released between 1:30pm and 4:00 pm BST (8:30am - 11am EST)
Day 7 will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST (7:30pm - 10pm EST)
The clue for Day 5 of the Magical Quill Challenge is now live, referencing Order of the Phoenix.
What is the house number of the Headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? Multiply this number by 21.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

@EskimoJill, at the Scholastic page is where the quill is hidden. Look at the top of the page… where the adds ussually are… there you’ll see a bunch of quills… try to catch the glowy one… good luck!

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 04, 2011, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Has anyone else taken an extraordinarily long time to receive their validation email from Pottermore? I made registration yesterday but haven’t received my email yet and I didn’t use a yahoo address so that’s not the problem. I went through the fires of hades to find the bloody feather yesterday. I don’t want to lose the registration.

Posted by DeliaDee on August 04, 2011, 02:13 PM report to moderator
Img_0488_thumb

Oh my dear Godric’s Hollow!! I’m in and I got my email confirming, but I still can not log in! Is that normal??? /i’m so excited!! Thank you lord!

Posted by dobbyzgirl on August 04, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I can’t believe I went to Pottermore expecting it to tell me Day 5 was closed, but it was still open! My username is “HexSnidget172”. One problem though – I forgot to write down the password I chose and now I can’t remember it! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on August 04, 2011, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ss_003_thumb

Yahoo !! I got in. Username: ScarletSun9. Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait for Pottermore !! I thought it would be harder to figure out the feather section once it popped up, but a fluffy pink sparkly feather on which your pointer turns into a hand pointer…a lot easier than expected. I am sooooo happy. :-) Good luck everybody.

Posted by Stixvix on August 04, 2011, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

Did you notice that this day’s clue was available longer than the other 4 days? Perhaps almost all HP fans are already in…

Posted by Halfblood Princess on August 04, 2011, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Well, I tried four different browsers on two different devices: FireFox5 and IE8 on a pc and google and FireFox on a droid x. With and without adblocker, rebooted both devices twice, I never got past the pottermore.com homepage. It’s easy to understand why frustration levels run high on this quest!

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 04, 2011, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Hermioneavatar_thumb

AAH! Finally got the verification email, but now I have to wait “a few weeks” to actually get into the site.

Posted by angelcat59 on August 04, 2011, 02:30 PM report to moderator

I got in yesterday but i tried today just for the hell of it and it happened exactly the same; Firefox kept loading a page saying there was high demmand on the website and to wait 15 seconds before the page would reload itself but with Internet Explorer the thing took me to the Scholastic page and BAM!

Posted by Mr.Bones on August 04, 2011, 02:30 PM report to moderator

I got in!!!!!!!
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for a chance!

Posted by camila_black08 on August 04, 2011, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Scrap_tiger_1879__thumb

Is it that people are so intense about trying to get in or is it that so many people really seem not to get that the answer sort of behaves like a portkey?

Posted by CathrynOCamdentowne on August 04, 2011, 02:39 PM report to moderator

I’m in!!!

Posted by PotterPanda10 on August 04, 2011, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I’m registered people! I am getting into Pottermore early, now I just have to wait for my welcome e-mail and I’m free to check the site. Also for those who need help finding the magic quill, the site that it leads you to at the top has owls flying around and quills, click the one that’s shinier than the others.

Posted by Acciobrooms on August 04, 2011, 02:41 PM report to moderator

How did I miss the registration redirect page??? I clicked on the right quill, then it said CONGRATULATIONS!, then my page just stayed there at Scholastic – nothing happened!

Posted by Maestra2 on August 04, 2011, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Scrap_tiger_1879__thumb

Rotten luck Maestra2 -sounds like maybe you were on when the clue was closing -seems like when that happens people just get frozen wherever they are in the process. Hope you have better luck tomorrow!

Posted by CathrynOCamdentowne on August 04, 2011, 02:48 PM report to moderator

"So," sneered Fudge, recovering himself, "you intend to take on Dawlish, Shacklebolt, Dolores, and myself single-handed, do you, Dumbledore?"[br]"Merlin's beard, no," said Dumbledore, smiling. "Not unless you are foolish enough to force me to."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014