Updated: Now Closed, Day 5 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 04, 2011, 01:11 PM

Update: Registration for day 5 is now closed; only two more days left!

Update #2: The Pottermore Insider has revealed the times for the last two registration days.

Day 6 will be released between 1:30pm and 4:00 pm BST (8:30am - 11am EST)
Day 7 will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST (7:30pm - 10pm EST)
The clue for Day 5 of the Magical Quill Challenge is now live, referencing Order of the Phoenix.
What is the house number of the Headquarters for The Order of the Phoenix in Grimmauld Place? Multiply this number by 21.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Da_thumb

Make sure you do NOT type in “www” because it will just say “Server Error”. This happened to me and I got really frustrated, but I figured it out in the end. :)

Posted by harrypotter4258 on August 04, 2011, 06:00 PM report to moderator

I have tried for the five days. And each day I ran into some of the same issues ya all have posted here. I have become very fraustrated. With only two days to go and other issues to deal with my hopes are fading. My family think I have truly lost it. You see I am a over 60 adult with a great respect for a great author. And really hooked on Harry Potter

Posted by carole44 on August 04, 2011, 06:23 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Won_Two {CastleWitch96}: The terms and conditions are a bit ambiguous, but one interpretation is that those who registered first will get access first (except that they might move non-English speakers up the queue). They aren’t letting everyone in at once, so some will ahve to wait longer than others.

Posted by roonwit on August 04, 2011, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

@bandersnatch thanks for posting! I read this too and thought, "hey,it’s the same day yeah! good time for me.I had it made hoping I was getting in today I was off,then got called in to work,was so miserable.Being my fav book,5.But I should be able to finally get it tomorrow.And reading how you click the feather.I like the names they have.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 04, 2011, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Clarissa_s_hat_2_thumb

If you solve the clue and type in the answer after the last forward slash on the URL that the Pottermore site gives you, you should look all around on the web page you are transported to. If you find the quill, you will have to figure out how it wants you to interact with it. I had to levitate the quill, and it took me about three minutes to deduce how I could do that to the quill’s satisfaction. Different posts have reported different behaviors and even numbers for the quill(s). If thinking like Hermione doesn’t work, try thinking like Luna!

Posted by Clarissa Blotts on August 04, 2011, 08:08 PM report to moderator
Clarissa_s_hat_2_thumb

Posted by Clarissa Blotts on August 04, 2011, 08:12 PM report to moderator

So glad I got it right yesterday. The clue came up right after I went to lunch and I would have missed it completely if I really needed it. That would be so frustrating!

Congratulations to you that got it. Encouragement to the rest. There are 2 days left and the times are better for USA than the first 3 days.

Good luck to all!

Posted by trontech on August 04, 2011, 11:20 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m in! I’m in!!!! Yeah!! finally! Was easy too.9:03am. Something like that.Took you to WWOHP.Got my email in 5minutes!! ok now i can go to work happy!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 05, 2011, 09:48 AM report to moderator

YES YES YES I did make it in at 9:28 AM this morning. It only took me 6 days and alot of help from ya all postings. So thank ya all for helping a very grateful 67 year old great-grandmother. I registered so we will see how long it takes to get my email. I am so very excited.

Posted by carole44 on August 05, 2011, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Floo_powder_power_square_thumb

Congratulations, carole44!
I can relate – my family thinks I’m nuts – but I did also get my niece in today, who JUST finished book 7 15 minutes ago and was feeling the daze of “it’s over…” so this helps a LOT. We’ve crossed the generations here :)

Posted by PhoenixFromTheFlame aka Floo on August 05, 2011, 11:02 AM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

haha that’s great! carole44! I’m in my 40s and I love the HP no certain age required fandome.It’s what makes it so universally wonderful!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 05, 2011, 04:14 PM report to moderator

Woohoo, I got the quill.

Posted by vkooly on August 06, 2011, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Missed them :(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 30, 2011, 09:49 AM report to moderator

Hagrid was wearing his best (and very horrible) hairy brown suit, plus a checked yellow-and-orange tie. This wasn't the worst of it, though; he had evidently tried to tame his hair, using large quantities of what appeared to be axle grease. It was now sli