Pottermore Blog Updates With Info on Verification Emails and Day 6/Day 7 Clue Times

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 04, 2011, 04:15 PM

The Pottermore Insider Blog has updated their FAQ again to answer questions about sharing Pottermore accounts, verification emails, and the clue times for the last two days of the Magical Quill Challenge:

I have a friend who wants to use my Pottermore account. Is it okay to share my password?
Your Pottermore account is for your personal use only. You should never divulge your Pottermore password to anyone because it protects your personal information from potential misuse and identity theft. By creating an account on Pottermore, you confirm that you will treat your login details as confidential. If you would like more information, please see our Terms & Conditions.

I haven't received my verification email yet; has there been a delay in sending these out?
Earlier in the week, there was an issue with Yahoo! Mail and some related services, which meant that some validation emails were taking longer than normal to arrive. This issue has now been resolved. However, we have been unable to deliver validation emails to approximately one in ten of the email addresses supplied to us due to them being mistyped. If you have not received a validation email within 48 hours of submitting your details to Pottermore, you should assume that we have been unable to deliver your validation email to you, and you will need to register again.

Please be very careful when entering your email address; don't forget to double-check it before you click ‘Continue’!

UPDATED: So far, all the clues have appeared in the early hours of the morning in my time zone. Will this continue for the remainder of The Magical Quill challenge?
We know that Harry Potter fans around the world are taking part in the challenge, so we will be varying the times that the clues are revealed. We can tell you that tomorrow’s clue (Day 6) will be released between 1:30pm and 4.00pm BST, and the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August.

For your reference, 1:30 pm BST is 8:30 am EST and 5:30 am PST, while 12:30 am BST is 7:30 pm EST and 4:30 pm PST. You can read more of the FAQ here. Good luck everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hey guysss, please dont forget to vote for Harry, Hermione, Draco, HP7Pt1 and HP7Pt2 in the 2011 Teen Choice Awards…one vote per day per email so please try to get as many people as you can! We have until August 5th!

Posted by minniee33 on August 04, 2011, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Now, they’re saying that we must have mistyped our email addresses if we haven’t received validation emails. I’m compulsive. I checked the spelling of my address 4 times before I submitted it. My address was correct. I hope they haven’t just decided it’s the fault of the registrant and, therefore, they don’t need to look into it further. That, in my humble opinion, doesn’t bode well for this site. I apologize for the attitude. I just find this whole thing incredibly frustrating.

Posted by DeliaDee on August 04, 2011, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I remember the problems during the ’WOMBATS" with mistyped addys… I developed the habit of using cut & pastes of my email addy and some other stuff that I have saved in my documents folder… It has really helped & completely stopped the typing errors…

Posted by Won_Two on August 04, 2011, 05:19 PM report to moderator

They work so hard and people rarely notice it! I just love the Harry Potter community! :)

Posted by . on August 04, 2011, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Owl_bookstoppers_thumb

@DeliaDee
your valdiation email might ne in your spam folder or something< i have yahoo and it did work…
but if not…im really sorry!

Posted by Hermione Weasley on August 04, 2011, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I live on the West coast in the U.S.A.What time should I get on Pottermor over there?

Posted by RereOfficially on August 04, 2011, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Posted by RereOfficially on August 04, 2011, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

NOTE REGARDING TIMES OF CLUES 6 AND 7 IF YOU LIVE IN U.S.:

If I am reading the Pottermore Insider blog correctly, the last two clues will BOTH take place on FRIDAY, AUGUST 5 in the United States.

In the Eastern time zone, for instance, Clue 6 will happen between 8:30 AM and 11 AM on the morning of August 5, while Clue 7 will happen LATER THAT SAME DAY between 7:30 PM and 10 PM.

So if you miss Clue 6, don’t wait until Saturday for Clue 7!

Posted by Bandersnatch on August 04, 2011, 05:31 PM report to moderator

I didn’t mistype my email and I’m not with Yahoo. I know its got my email right because if I press “forgotten my username”, it emails the username to me. I signed up on Tuesday and I’ve checked my spam folder, the email’s not there, so why haven’t I received it?

Posted by jobogtheqwerty on August 04, 2011, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

How long does it take for your Welcome email to come? I already verified my account (it came the day I registered), but does it take a really long time until I’m able to use my account?

Posted by harrypotter4258 on August 04, 2011, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

jobogtheqwerty: I don’t think anyone outside Pottermore or you mail provider can answer that.
harrypotter4258: It is likely that they will tell you when your access will be enabled within a couple of weeks. They do say they can’t let everyone on at once, so you might have to wait.

Posted by roonwit on August 04, 2011, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Book_thumb

That’s so odd that they’d have them both take place on Friday in North America. Ah well!

Posted by jillians642 on August 04, 2011, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Imagesca3rqab7_thumb

I registered yesterday and received the 1st email within the half hour.

Posted by Madira Ulthar on August 04, 2011, 08:25 PM report to moderator

I also have not recieved my valadation email from yesterday (day 4) I typed my email correctly. I checked it before I submitted. I have also checked my spam folder yet no mail. It’s been 33 hours so far, does this mean I have to try again tomorrow?? Kind of makes me mad when I read about these people getting 3 and 4 accounts and I cant even get my one :o/

Posted by Doxie2962 on August 04, 2011, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Ginny-power_thumb

Precisely, Doxie2962! I am in the EXACT same boat. I also have not recieved my validation email from yesterday (day 4) I KNOW typed my email correctly, I checked it FOUR TIMES before I submitted. I’m not using a Yahoo account so that’s not the issue. I’ve checked my spam/junk folder. It’s so frustrating, I also can’t find a “Help” email address to TELL them I’m not getting it. UGH!

Posted by Gwendolyn the Weird on August 04, 2011, 09:32 PM report to moderator

"Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far --"[br]"Please, sir, we've done boggarts, Red Caps, kappas, and grindylows," said Hermione quickly...[br]"Be quiet," said Snape coldly. "I did not ask for information. I was me