Updated: Day 6 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 05, 2011, 10:49 AM

Update: Registration for day 6 is now closed. Day 7's registration will take place between 12:30am and 3:00am BST which will still be Friday for some parts of the world (11.30pm – 2am GMT/ 7.30pm – 10pm EST/ 4.30pm – 7pm PST).

The Half-Blood Prince clue for Day 6 of the Magical Quill Challenge is now live.

How many chapters are there in HARRY POTTER and the Half-Blood Prince? Multiply this number by 14.
Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users. Please do not post the answer or link in the comments!

Be quick! Registration will only be open while spaces are still available each day.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

No – not everyone. In fact – lots of people don’t have accounts.
Alaska time is so different. I REALLY want to get in, but my parents won’t let me wake up/stay up that late. That is really not fair to say “everyone must have account by now” because not everyone can just stay up until 2:00am to get an account on Pottermore.

Posted by Agrostema on August 05, 2011, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

The key to not getting hacked is to use a STRONG password… Lots of numbers and letters in upper & lower case… The more random the better… And, for goodness sakes… NEVER give it to anyone under any circumstances!

Posted by Won_Two on August 05, 2011, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Darn with the time change I forget day sevens clue goes up today! In a little more than 4 hours! Okay fingars crossed crosses them this is my last chance!!!

Posted by LunaLuver on August 05, 2011, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

@Agrostema: You don’t have to stay up late for the final Pottermore clue! You live in Alaska – the clue will be revealed sometime between 3:30 PM and 6 PM Alaskan Daylight Saving Time.

Posted by Bandersnatch on August 05, 2011, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

expectogirl: That may not be sinister. There may be someone who has a similar username to your with only the number different, and who has misremembered his or her username, can’t log in as a result and so is trying to reset his or her password but still entering the wrong username while trying to do so.

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m sooo happy I got in this morning,finally! Had to work all these times.Got it just before going in,9:05 it was.Was hurrying though a bit worried I wasn’t going to get registered.Was easy,had my book.Was so fun to see your name under ‘You are magical’!. I feel like I’ve been christened now haha!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on August 05, 2011, 04:05 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

i treid it and when i got to the magic quill page it said theres an invisibilt cloak on it?

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on August 05, 2011, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

floridianhp: I have seen reports of that happening – it may be when they are just about to close (or have just closed) registration or it is too busy.

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Img_0058_-_kopie_thumb

@Dlcohm7: I had exactly the same feeling when I saw my name in that book along with all the “classmates” :D That was really cool!

Good luck to anyone trying for an account Tomorrow(I live in Europe)/Today(for those who don’t).
x

Posted by KittyVD on August 05, 2011, 05:07 PM report to moderator

These questions keep getting easier and easier! lOl. That’s good (:

Posted by . on August 05, 2011, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

I never got a verification email when I registered but my sis did. Does that mean I’m not really registered?

Posted by WeasleyWonder on August 05, 2011, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnlw9fcqf51qdw1bro1_500

@roonwit-hi:) Yeah I did think at first maybe someone had a username close to mine, but then I heard a couple other people were also getting emails to reset their passwords that they did not request. So I got a little concerned and I just wanted everyone to be aware of the possibility of someone trying to use someone else’s username to get in. I hope I didn’t alarm anyone, I just wanted to pass it along to be careful . Gotta stand up for my Potter Peeps:)

Posted by expectogirl on August 05, 2011, 07:03 PM report to moderator

I am not doing the right things. I’ve been able to get the clues twice, knew the answers, put it at the end of the pottermore.coom URL, and had no idea what to do next. What’s supposed to happen? I got a Sony page, clicked the Sony link at the top border, and it took me to a sign-in page for Pottermore. I clicked to reset my password, and entered my email, but this obviously wasn’t right either. Is this Jo’s way of telling me I’m too dim for early access?

Posted by poglover on August 05, 2011, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Me and my little sister now have an account!! Now my mommy needs to get one tonight!!!

Posted by Brianna on August 05, 2011, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_animated_avvy_by_potter_fan_thumb_thumb

how long does it take for the verification email to arrive? i got my 6 clue account but still no email :(

Posted by pandyapple on August 05, 2011, 07:32 PM report to moderator

"Oh, are you a [i]prefect,[/i] Percy?" said one of the twins, with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014