Updated: Day 7 Clue for Pottermore's Magical Quill Challenge

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
August 05, 2011, 08:19 PM

Update: Early access to Pottermore is now closed. Congratulations to everyone who found the Magical Quill, and for those who didn't Pottermore will be open for everyone to register in October.

The seventh and final clue, from Deathly Hallows, for the Magical Quill Challenge is now live:

How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.

Think you know the answer? Add the number to the end of this website address (http://quill.pottermore.com/) and find the magical quill for a chance to be one of the first million Pottermore beta users.

Best of luck to everyone!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dhcalendar_thumb

my mom is trying to make one but it just leads back to the pottermore main page and she’s pissed.

Posted by Brianna on August 05, 2011, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

I did it! I finally hit the site while the clue was up, got through the registration process, got my confirmation e-mail, hit the link and got a screen that said I’m in! Yippee! Can’t wait to see how Pottermore unfolds! Thank You Jo!

Posted by Agrippa1 on August 05, 2011, 08:47 PM report to moderator

Firefox couldn’t get the banner. Probably stopped it with Adblock. Internet Explorer worked.

Posted by trontech on August 05, 2011, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Had to drop FireFox for IE8 to get a look at the quill. Don’t be impatient. I clicked on the register button, waited because nothing happenned, click on it again and went back to the pottermore home page. It looks like they have these keys seriously de-bounced. Give a solid click, not a quick touch.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on August 05, 2011, 08:54 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

It just leads to home page help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

What should I do please help!!!!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

What should I do please help!!!!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

What should I do please help!!!!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

What should I do please help!!!!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

What should I do please help!!!!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

What should I do please help!!!!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:08 PM report to moderator

after i register the email keeps telling me that there ws a problem with the registration and to create a new account what do i do

Posted by clpotter on August 05, 2011, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

Last chance for all, I hope you all get in early!

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on August 05, 2011, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

ginnyw7: what leads you back to the homepage? If it is the constructed quill URL, you could be constructing it incorrectly. To take the example from the Pottermore help page, it should look like http://quill.pottermore.com/70 though with a different number.

Posted by roonwit on August 05, 2011, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Ginny_weasley_thumb

It just goes to the home page. Please help me!

Posted by ginnyw7 on August 05, 2011, 09:12 PM report to moderator

[i]Congratulations on getting past the Horntail. Whoever put your name in that goblet shouldn't be feeling too happy right now! I was going to suggest a Conjunctivitus Curse, as a dragon's eyes are its weakest point[/i] -- "That's what Krum did!" Hermione

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014