BBC Video Shows New Glimpses of Pottermore Privet Drive Moments, Wand Selection

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
August 09, 2011, 12:50 PM

A video has come online from the BBC showcasing a few new looks at some of the features and moments set to be a part of Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's new Harry Potter project.  The video, which can be watched right here, gives us a glimpse at some of the sorting procedures users may go through to obtain a wand, a Privet Drive moment, and a quick shot of what appears to be more backstory for the Dursleys.  The report also features comments from Ms. Rowling from the day of Pottermore's reveal on her decision to make Pottermore an online experience and the inclusion of e-books.

Many thanks to SS for the video!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Door2_thumb

I don’t mind waiting at all, since now there’s at least some hope for this fall, lol.

Posted by Korpipaatsama on August 10, 2011, 09:06 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I am so excited! Pottermore is turing out to be more than I expected!

Posted by Rosie016 on August 10, 2011, 09:15 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

When will my letter come, this is so exciting kind of like waiting for the hogwarts letter, can’r wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by mencia on August 10, 2011, 11:18 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

meant can’t

Posted by mencia on August 10, 2011, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

No doubt there will be a direct link included in the letter…

Posted by Won_Two on August 10, 2011, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Wow this looks amazing!! I really can’t wait. I’m glad JK Rowling is opening up to the digital age. Sad to hear that there will be definately no more books about Harry Potter. Does this mean the enyclopedia is a no no?

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 10, 2011, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Letters are being sent out now. They say you have been selected for early access, though there is no specific information on when you can access the site. There is some suggestion that day 1 registrations are getting their letters first, presumably followed by day 2, day 3 etc. probably later in the evening.

Posted by roonwit on August 10, 2011, 02:14 PM report to moderator

POTTERMORE Insider has been updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by tim_2006 on August 10, 2011, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

OMG! Can`t wait! :D:D:D

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on August 10, 2011, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Natterjack_toad_thumb

I’m getting nervous, I don’t have the second mail yet, so hopefully it doesn’t get lost somewhere on the way

Posted by Ninath on August 10, 2011, 03:24 PM report to moderator

Argh!!!!!! Just got my Congratulations letter, not to be confused with Welcome letter, which I of course did, and spent a good 5 wasted minutes jumping around and screaming, thinking I could start using Pottermore, only to actually read the message and realize I was not done waiting… It says they’re activating between mid-August and end of September… End of September is basically October… not much of an early access. I was day 1 so hopefully I won’t have to wait quite so long. LOVE Jo for giving me something else to be excited for though! Isn’t waiting for HP things fun?!!

Posted by pottermate on August 10, 2011, 03:50 PM report to moderator

Posted by pottermate on August 10, 2011, 03:50 PM report to moderator

Great video. Always love to hear her speak. October can not get here soon enough.

Posted by hewy on August 10, 2011, 06:18 PM report to moderator

Got my Congratulations letter yesterday morning.GAHH CAN’T WAIT!

Posted by TheOtherHorcrux on August 12, 2011, 09:15 AM report to moderator

Actually, I got my Congrats letter two days ago…

Posted by TheOtherHorcrux on August 12, 2011, 09:19 AM report to moderator

"I accidentally set a boa constrictor on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once -- long story -- but it was telling me it had never seen Brazil and I sort of set it free without meaning to -- that was before I knew I was a wizard --"