"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Reaches No. 3 Spot on All Time Worldwide Grosses

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
August 09, 2011, 03:05 PM

As calculated by Box Office Mojo, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has reached the number three spot on the all time worldwide grosses list. Thus far, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has made $1.13 billion. The only two films that have made more are "Avatar" and "Titanic," coming in at first and second place respectively.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Scribblepottermini_thumb

While I don’t think it deserves to have beaten Return of the King, I am glad it has done so well and Avatar certainly doesn’t deserve Number 1. Will it go as far as Titanic? I am dubious. We shall wait and see what unfolds.

Posted by TheLostPotter on August 09, 2011, 03:58 PM report to moderator

WOW! I kind of expected something like that, but really, that’s really fantastic! It’s only been 15 days seen the release!

Posted by Eliza Lovegood on August 09, 2011, 04:02 PM report to moderator

Very cool, I read about this earlier, all the other fandoms are going crazy with jealousy. I haven’t seen any ads for it on tv lately, if they want to give it the final push they should advertise it more often. If I went back for a third time I think I’d go for IMAX 3D since I saw it the first two times in 2D.

Posted by graziboi on August 09, 2011, 04:09 PM report to moderator

According to wikipedia, this is how much the three top movies have earned:

1 Avatar = $2,782,275,172
2 Titanic = $1,843,201,268
3 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 = $1,135,486,045

Posted by Eliza Lovegood on August 09, 2011, 04:11 PM report to moderator

WHOOO! Thanks for the numbers MyLeaky and Eliza Lovegood! (: I’m glad Harry Potter made it this far! I wouldn’t mind if it surpassed them, but I’m going to appreciate what they have! =)

Posted by . on August 09, 2011, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Mirror_card_7_thumb

A great accomplishment for the ending to a fantastic film series. Let’s just hope the movie awards will treat this one with the respect it deserves.

Posted by Mollycairn on August 09, 2011, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! that movie was EPIC!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 09, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Stmungosspew_thumb

WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! that movie was EPIC!

Posted by ahaque521 on August 09, 2011, 04:37 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

Yay! This movie definitely deserves such a high ranking! :D

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on August 09, 2011, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

Yay! This movie definitely deserves such a high ranking! :D

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on August 09, 2011, 04:48 PM report to moderator

Truely epic for sure. We’re proud of you DH2. I think I’ll go see it again. Wohooo!!!

Posted by vamjf1 on August 09, 2011, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Wow! Fantastic! I’ll be going to see it two more times, once in IMAX and once with my sister, before it leaves theaters…Can’t wait!

Posted by Jacket on August 09, 2011, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

This is great. Now let’s see WB push for a Best Supporting Actor nomination for Alan Rickman!! He doesn’t have to win, just get nominated.
(And, Leaky, don’t you really think it’s time to change the pic up there to DH2 is here?!)

Posted by izziewitch on August 09, 2011, 05:04 PM report to moderator

I realy want to wach it again in 3D, but we went on holdiay like two days after the movie came out, and when we came back they had stopped sending it… Hopefully they will send it again when school starts… By the way, how much better is it in 3D?

Posted by Eliza Lovegood on August 09, 2011, 05:18 PM report to moderator

Oh my goodness!! I’m so happy! I recently got an email from WB that was thanking all the fans for all their support, but I didn’t think anything this awesome had happened!! this is amazing!!!

Posted by Claire Lafleur on August 09, 2011, 05:36 PM report to moderator

"I think," said Harry hurriedly, at a meaningful look from Nick, "Nick's very -- frightening and -- er --"[br]"Ha!" yelled Sir Patrick's head. "Bet he asked you to say that!"