Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Rofr10_thumb

We did know about the beta survey from an earlier Insider post, the new bit of information is that we will be able to make proper comments rather than just ticking boxes.

Posted by roonwit on September 02, 2011, 06:33 PM report to moderator

I think it will still be awhile for those of us who found the quill beyond Day 1/2

Posted by fawkes4444 on September 02, 2011, 06:40 PM report to moderator

I’m still WAITING!!

Posted by Maestra2 on September 02, 2011, 07:00 PM report to moderator

Since I got in on Day 6, I know that I’ll be in way later..still I can’t help but check on insider all the time and the news feed to see when a new batch of emails are sent out. The sooner they let more people in, the closer I’ll be to getting in. The wait though is crazy hard and I can’t wait for my email. The good news about this though is that at least a lot of the bugs will should be fixed by the time I get my welcome email.. at the same time, I’d rather experience the bugs and joys of being on PM rather than waiting for my welcome email.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 02, 2011, 07:11 PM report to moderator

I wonder how many people got in with the last batch of emails today.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 02, 2011, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@ MagicalMe – me too. I also wish they gave us more details about the “pause” period. Oh well. I’m still waiting for my email as well.

Anyone have an updated student count??

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 02, 2011, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

It has dropped by one again to 144,308!

Posted by roonwit on September 02, 2011, 07:36 PM report to moderator

@roonwit – the student count has dropped? I guess that means either people are cancelling their accounts, PM is deleting the accounts of people cheating or those that have 2 beta accounts. I was kind of hoping that there would be a big increase to indicate that another large batch was allowed in.

Posted by MagicalMe^_^ on September 02, 2011, 07:40 PM report to moderator

does anyone no in what order the pottermore e-mails are being sent out? or is there any actual order? my friend found the quill on day 2 and i found mine on day 4 both of us still have no e-mail :(

Posted by PumpkinNewt on September 02, 2011, 07:53 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lpj3u7got11qb4krdo1_500_thumb

Pottermore has had a few problems, like the ones they mentioned. But it is still such an enjoyable site! :D

Posted by Harry-Potter.fan on September 02, 2011, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20963 Points

I wish my email would come already. I want to see Pottermore while its still fixing things, I want to be a beta!!!!

Posted by LunaLuver on September 02, 2011, 08:43 PM report to moderator

On Twitter there don’t seem to be all that many people cheering about getting their letters, and I’ve been watching on and off all day. Either it’s a tiny batch or there’s an email hiccup somewhere…

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 02, 2011, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I can’t believe I am still waiting for an e-mail! At this rate, most people probably won’t get in until October! This was supposed to be an early access thing to help build the experience, but what will we be able to do a couple of weeks (or days) before it’s open to everyone. I really hope e-mails start coming soon. Getting in early certainly doesn’t seem quite as fantastic as it was built up to be. Particularly seeing as early access started almost 2 months ago and most people still haven’t gotten in.
Here’s hoping I get in before October at least!

Posted by Jacket on September 02, 2011, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

I’m still waiting too! Can’t wait to see everything, it sounds so fun.

Posted by beckmank on September 02, 2011, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Da_thumb

come on pottermore!

Posted by harrypotter4258 on September 02, 2011, 10:00 PM report to moderator

Harry fell to the ground on all fours as the spider released him. Ron and Fang thudded down next to him. Fang wasn't howling anymore, but cowering silently on the spot. Ron looked exactly like Harry felt. His mouth was stretched wide in a kind of silent s

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014