Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@molly43 Yes, well, I know how all of you guys feel, not having access, so I’m dedicated to give you guys daily updates on the site and how everything’s going. :D

I totally agree with roonwit. The site most likely won’t be able to withstand the oncoming hoard of October registrants. The comments in the Great Hall and Common Room as of this moment have a big lag, and some don’t show up at all.

-Slytherin barely has had the lead the whole day and yesterday as well. The range of point difference is around 30-100, which isn’t much, so Ravenclaw is really close to getting first place. Gryffindor is slowly creeping up, but their more than 1,000 points away. Don’t even ask where Hufflepuff is…
-Umm, yes, potion brewing has problems. It can really get frustrating sometimes…
-There’s not much to do when you’re done with exploring but try and earn points by brewing, since dueling is down, and they haven’t added anything, really, and trying to communicate with just one person is almost impossible (the only ‘chat’ available is leaving comments in the Great Hall and your Common Room).
So, really, it gets a little tedious, ’specially when waiting for your potion to brew, which may take up to 80-100 minutes…

^ hope this was helpful in a way… my potion should be brewed by now, so gotta go finish it (if there’s no glitches this time, that is). I’ll be back soon. :)

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on September 05, 2011, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

:D I successfully brewed Forgetfulness Potion! Wow, brewing is really nerve-wracking. I dislike the time requirement… :C

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on September 05, 2011, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@magicneverends: That’s interesting. Do you know what email provider your friends were using (i.e. Yahoo)?

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 05, 2011, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@S Palms: they’re supposed to reduce the time required for brewing, right? Hopefully they will soon!

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 05, 2011, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

@purplehogwarts Waiting for the potion to finish brewing isn’t as bad as the time limit they give you to put all the ingredients in correctly. Sometimes I find myself running out of time.

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on September 05, 2011, 09:50 PM report to moderator

@purplehogwarts- All of them are using Yahoo. Me included So we will see!!

Posted by magicneverends85 on September 05, 2011, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Flowers1_thumb

@magicneverends: I know Yahoo had trouble when it came to the quill challenge. They might be having the same delay problem with the welcome emails as well. I guess that means yours could still be on its way!

Posted by purplehogwarts on September 05, 2011, 11:31 PM report to moderator

I hope so! I dont think I have ever checked my email so frequently! I also try and log on every once and a while to see so hopefully soon!

Posted by magicneverends85 on September 05, 2011, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

magicneverends85: I think there were indeed emails sent out over the weekend, as I saw at least a couple of reports of people who logged in on the off chance on Saturday and weren’t in, and again on Sunday and were in.

Posted by roonwit on September 06, 2011, 02:34 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

still no owl :(

Posted by mencia on September 06, 2011, 05:21 AM report to moderator

Hi guys, just thought I’d bring an update. Student count is up to 195, 759 now. Hufflepuffs now have the most students, Slytherin the fewest. Ravenclaw went from having most students to having 2nd to fewest. Ravenclaw and Slytherin are 2 points apart in house cup challenge. Gryff is more than 1000 points behind and Hufflepuff more than 2000 behind.

Posted by songbird on September 06, 2011, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

New count: students: 196,316 Gryffindor: 49,178 Ravenclaw: 49,084 Hufflepuff: 47,570 Slytherin: 48,484.

Posted by cb160 on September 06, 2011, 09:20 AM report to moderator

Wow – big jump! Thanks for the updates, songbird and cb160!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 06, 2011, 09:30 AM report to moderator
377029_1659854834071_1768172201_813069_1187891830_n_1__thumb

almost 200,000 that gives me some hope that things are moving along fine and we should be getting our owls soon too :)

Posted by mencia on September 06, 2011, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

MagicBclPlyr: It isn’t real a big jump, as they have fixed the count which has been broken for a few days.

Posted by roonwit on September 06, 2011, 10:28 AM report to moderator

"Keep going!" said Harry sharply, because Ginny showed signs of wanting to stop and watch the egg's progress back into a bird.[br]"You dawdled enough by that old arch!" she said crossly, but followed him past the bell jar to the only door behind it.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014