Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

July15th_thumb

Im SO antsy! I just wanna get my email already :P

Posted by VerityDarling on September 03, 2011, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Imagescaf0zk2w_thumb

still waiting for my first email:(

Posted by #1harrypotterfan{ROAR} on September 03, 2011, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Looks like most folks will actually be testing the servers traffic handling capacity instead of the site content…

Posted by Won_Two on September 03, 2011, 10:57 AM report to moderator

So what’s the latest house count?

Just curious if the number has still been dropping slightly, or if there’s been any sort of upswing since the batch yesterday?

If they really are kicking out the cheaters and multiple account people, that would be fantastic! I’m not sure how they’d discover someone had multiple accounts (vs. more than one person in the same household), but it would be great if they could. Especially since it is very much against the beta T&C to have multiple accounts (not to mention those of us with just ONE account would like to get in before someone’s SECOND account, thankyouverymuch)

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 03, 2011, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

The number sorted is still going down a bit, it is now at 144,296. I think the mechanism to add people to the count as they are sorted is broken which is why it isn’t increasing.

Posted by roonwit on September 03, 2011, 11:53 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’ve been
waiting a lifetime
for this
moment to come.
I’m destined
for anything at awwwwww- all

Come on owl!!

Posted by KiwiMcI on September 03, 2011, 12:00 PM report to moderator

Thanks roonwit – I was hoping you’d pop in here to give us an update!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 03, 2011, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Glad to hear they’re making some changes. They need to sort out the friends page so that I can accept people without my browder crashing. I hope duelling will be just as cool as potion brewing.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on September 03, 2011, 01:13 PM report to moderator

my friend found the quill on day 2 and she just got her e-mail through the most recent batch of PM emails…..i really hope they are not going in order…2 months they have been doing this and they are only on day 2 people :(…..the anticipation is really fun though :)

Posted by PumpkinNewt on September 03, 2011, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

im still waiting as well, and i found the quill on day 3. i think what may happen is this…if the site is open to all in october, it won’t be unitl the end of october. with sooo many people not in yet (that are supposed to be beta testers) i’m even wondering if the site will be ready to open in october at all! i have a feeling it may be pushed back because it sounds like they are in over their heads right now.

Posted by jennluvsharry on September 03, 2011, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Seems they are 144,293 on PM now!!!? And though I see some excited tweets about just receiving welcome emails.

Posted by cb160 on September 03, 2011, 01:55 PM report to moderator

Actually, PumpkinNewt, while the whole quill thing started in July, people didn’t get in the site until August 15th. So almost 3 weeks, not 2 months… It feels like 2 months, though!

Posted by MagicBclPlyr on September 03, 2011, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Still waiting :( Sad face

Posted by Mad But Happy on September 03, 2011, 02:18 PM report to moderator

Tired of trying to sign in and seeing the “Congratulations!” page. Keep thinking my owl is “stuck in cyber space”, so I keep trying to no avail.

Posted by GNewt23 on September 03, 2011, 03:32 PM report to moderator

O_O I emailed Pottermore Insider because I got my email but I can’t log in and still no reply!!!!!!!! D: And all this time they were sending out surveys. . . .

Posted by . on September 03, 2011, 06:53 PM report to moderator

"She's a [i]veela[/i]!" he said hoarsely to Harry.[br]"Of course she isn't!" said Hermione tartly. "I don't see anyone else gaping at her like an idiot!"