Pottermore Insider Answers Questions on Duelling, Potions, and Beta Feedback

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 02, 2011, 05:52 PM

As mentioned last week, the Pottermore Insider blog has now been updated to answer frequently asked questions that Pottermore beta users have been asking. Concerns dealing with the potions brewing, wizards duelling, and moderation for common room comments are all addressed.

Additionally, the Insider reveals that a Pottermore beta survey will be sent out in a few weeks to those who have already gained entry into the site and will allow fans to provide more specific feedback.

'...It'd be nice to know IF Wizard Dueling will be available to beta testers again. I don't care when, just a yes or not.' [sic]   - cwbrumm
Yes! We know that you like Wizard’s Duel - a lot. This section of the site has proven to be immensely popular and we’ve been making a number of improvements behind the scenes to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. We just need to finish making and testing our changes.
Continue reading at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Img00540_thumb

I just watched that " what if pottermore sorts me in the wrong house" video- hilarious lol. that’s exactly how i’m feeling now.

I thought if I slept on it I would feel a little bit better about being a slytherin, I’m gonna give it a few more days. At least i’m not a hufflepuff lol jk. Whatever, i’m just grateful i’m in period! Good luck to everyone else still waiting, hope you get your emails today!

Posted by lolalu on September 05, 2011, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ lolalu Oh, I’m so envious!

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Halloween-crimson-witch-bnac533_thumb

I was a day 5… I wish I new how much longer I have to wait! Several days ago, someone who had also found the quill on day 5, posted here on Leaky that had already received the mail… That’s the only one I’ve heard of… might’ve been a lie for all that I know… Does anyone know if day 5’s are in?

Posted by Halfblood Princess on September 05, 2011, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Halfblood Princess Only rumours that they are even from Day 7 – maybe roonwit knows.

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 04:58 PM report to moderator

I’m a day 4 and I’m not in, I think they are trying to do it in order, has it been confirmed anywhere or is it just a rumour?

Posted by Liddle on September 05, 2011, 04:59 PM report to moderator

It IS still possible to cheat. You lose points for melting/exploding you cauldron. It was glitching tonight and I lost 5 points for melting mine because it wouldn’t let me wave my wand. There are also other methods some people are encouraging others to do. I have enough Hufflepuff in me to refuse to do that, even though I’m Ravenclaw. I just can’t condone cheating.
There are currently 144,217 students. Ravenclaw has the most…then Huff, then Gryff, and last is Slytherin. They are close though…

Ravenclaw and Slytherin are neck and neck for points.

Posted by songbird on September 05, 2011, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ Liddle I’m a day 4 too, and haven’t found any official statement about it, but I also think that’s the trend.

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 05:02 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

@ kyrstalkris R/HR♥ WBM (MZ) {MistAccio186} instead of e-mailing the PM insider about not being able to log in try clicking on ‘forgotten your password’ or forgotten your username’ which is located below where you would type in your username and password. hope you got in/@ S Palms I am sooo happy for you. Thanks for volunteering to keep us updated.

Posted by molly43 on September 05, 2011, 05:04 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ songbird But it’s not fair to loose points when PM glitches!!! After all, it’s not your fault, is it?!

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 05:05 PM report to moderator

Also, I haven’t seen anyone from day 3 or later.

Posted by songbird on September 05, 2011, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Halfblood Princess: The most recent listings in the recent activity list, are all from Day 1 or Day 2. The top of one of the comments thread from Chapter 1 has comments exclusively from Day 2. There may be people from other days, but most seem to be from the first 2 days, with day 2 people joined most recently, so although there may be some exceptions, it seems accounts are generally being added in order of registration or order of verification.

Posted by roonwit on September 05, 2011, 05:17 PM report to moderator

cb160, I don’t think they have any way of knowing it was a glitch that caused it. If your cauldron melts, you lose 5 points…that’s just the way it goes. When I realized it wasn’t working, I stopped brewing potions so I didn’t waste points and money. So I only lost 5 points total. I’ll go back tomorrow and see if it’s working again. But I don’t think they can do anything about it glitching…after all, that’s what we’re there to test. So I did the feedback button and clicked on Strongly Disagree when it said the page loads and works well on my screen. That gives them a flag that they need to look at that page and see what’s going on. So hopefully it’s fixed tomorrow!

Posted by songbird on September 05, 2011, 05:18 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I wonder if in Oct the people will also have to wait to get an e-mail to get onto the site; especially if PM is still behind on testing at that time. That way they can still test and give beta testers time to explore and comment. I wonder….

Posted by molly43 on September 05, 2011, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

@ songbird Yes, but aren’t the terms too vague (“loads and works well on screen”) to them, instead of being able to let them know exactly what’s wrong? I mean, won’t it be easier for them to go right where the problem is? I know you have no other option, still think they should change that.

Posted by cb160 on September 05, 2011, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I can’t wait for the Wizard Duelling to start up again!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 05, 2011, 05:29 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger," said Snape coolly. "Five more points from Gryffindor for being an insufferable know-it-all."