"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" and Harry Potter Cast Nominated in Spike SCREAM Awards

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
September 08, 2011, 10:25 AM

Spike TV's SCREAM Awards have announced their nominees for the sixth annual event. "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" and several members of the Harry Potter cast are up for an award this year with 14 nominations total.

The categories are:

The Ultimate SCREAM - "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Best Fantasy Movie - "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Best Director - David Yates for "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Best SCREAM-Play - "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Best Fantasy Actress - Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
Best Fantasy Actor - Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
Best Villain - Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort
Best Supporting Actor - Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
Best Supporting Actor - Alan Rickman as Professor Snape
Best Ensemble - The cast of "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Fight Scene of the Year - Final Battle, Harry Potter vs. Lord Voldemort in "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Holy Sh*t Scene of the Year - The Room of Requirement Fiendfyre in "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Best 3D Movie - "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Best F/X - "Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows: Part 2"
Vote now by heading over to this link! Winners will be announced at a ceremony in Los Angeles on October 15 and will be broadcast on SpikeTV October 18.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Nargle_thumb

I voted! GO HARRY POTTER!!!!!

Posted by Blame The Nargles on September 09, 2011, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Imagesca497oi3_thumb

As much as i liked Alans performance, i mean it was worthy of every award going, i think Rupert should get it. Hes always overlooked yet everyone i know including myself believe that hes a stronger actor than daniel radcliffe is, yes he acts very well but hes not as believable as Rupert. Im just glad that they have so many nominations but i really hope they win an oscar when it comes to it.

Posted by PotterUk on September 09, 2011, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Congrats for getting nominated HPDH2! I hope you win!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on September 09, 2011, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Daniel-radcliff-how-to-succeed1-240x300_normal_thumb

I already voted for harry!!!!!!

Posted by HalfbloodPrince08 on September 10, 2011, 03:03 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

@PotterUk- I agree that Rupert is a better actor than Daniel Radcliffe. Like I said, Alan and Rupert are two of my favorite actors. I do believe he is often overlooked. He is amazing though. He can make you smile just by saying, “Cool.” If he had been in the category with anyone else, he would have gotten my vote.

Posted by Shining Lynx on September 10, 2011, 10:42 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I voted!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 10, 2011, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Neville_god_pic_thumb

Holy George, that fantastic! I agree with all of those nomination, but I would have added one more; Nominee for the Most Dedicated Nerdfighters! I’m defenently watching, there’s nothing else I want to do!

Posted by Tanderule on September 10, 2011, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

Great that they get this kind of recognition, but I think the big test will come when the Oscar nominations are announced in early 2012.

They do tend to be given a nod for the technical aspects of the films, but what about the big juicy stuff? With between five and ten spots up for grabs for Best Picture, I would hope that the Academy will give DH 2 one of those spots, especially with the critical acclaim the film received. Will Alan Rickman FINALLY be given an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor?

Posted by HogwartsForever on September 11, 2011, 11:34 AM report to moderator

I wish you could vote more than once so you could vote once for each of the people in a certain category. An example of this would be the two fight scenes that are up and both of the supporting actors. That way HP has a better chance at winning something. at the same time you can tell this is more adult than teen choice or MTV because voldemort is actually up for the villian award

Posted by Jazzabelle508 on September 11, 2011, 04:44 PM report to moderator

Ron or Snape?
Snape or Ron?
Really whom to choose cause in the other categories it’s easy
HP for all votes

Posted by daldula on September 12, 2011, 03:15 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

They should win everything. They deserve to

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on September 12, 2011, 07:16 AM report to moderator
Awww_thumb

ehm, wheres best kiss of the year? im sure i wasnt the only one crying during ron and hermiones chamber of secrets scene :’)

Posted by always_the_tone_of_surprise on September 12, 2011, 04:09 PM report to moderator

"The Dark Lord didn't manage to kill you, Potter, and he [i]so[/i] wanted to... Imagine how he will reward me when he finds I have done it for him. I gave you to him -- the thing he needed above all to regenerate -- and then I killed you for him. I will b