UPDATED: Dan Radcliffe Interviewed by Parade Magazine

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
January 06, 2012, 07:18 PM

UPDATE: We now have an image of Dan Radcliffe in Parade here in our galleries.

In a new interview, Dan Radcliffe speaks with Parade about a variety of subjects, including his romantic life:

Daniel Radcliffe opens up about life after Potter, falling in love, and fame in this weekend's issue of PARADE. And with his first post-Harry Potter film — the psychological thriller The Woman in Black — out next month, the actor admits he doesn't do well without fear.

In the highlights below, the 22-year-old star discusses entering the second stage of his career and what it means to really be in love.

Are you a romantic?

"Yes. I don’t know where my romanticism comes from. My mom and dad would read to me a lot. Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe, tales of chivalry and knights, things like that. Those are the stories I loved growing up. I still see something very romantic in the world that perhaps isn’t there. I suppose I want it to be the place of knights and that kind of stuff.”

Are you in love with girlfriend Rosie Coker? [Radcliffe met Coker, a production assistant, on the set of the last Potter film.]

"Yes, absolutely. When Rosie’s here, every day seems better….I’m not an easy person to love. There are lots of times when I’m a very good boyfriend, but there are times when I’m useless. I mean, I’m a mess around the house. I talk nonstop. I become obsessed with things. This year it’s fantasy football, which means Rosie has to listen to me talking 24 hours a day about this team. 'Should I take this player out, do you think, darling?' And she listens to it, and she loves me for my oddness, my awkwardness, all of those things that I hate about myself. She finds them cute. I guess that’s love."

Why was that?

"I hated dating because I’m crap at it! [laughs] With Rosie, I didn’t know what was appropriate, like on which date you’re supposed to try and kiss her. At the end of the second date I pulled a move out of the Bela Lugosi Book of Woo—I went to kiss Rosie and at the last minute lost my nerve and ended up kissing her neck, which is such a weirdly intimate place to kiss somebody on a second date. Afterward, I texted her, saying, 'I’m sorry, what I just did probably seems very odd to you.' Fortunately, she just found it really funny, so she kept coming back."

You’ve had enormous success for someone so young. Do you fear that it won’t last?

"Yes. But it’s reality, not fear. It will happen, and I have accepted that. In a way it’s a great relief that I will never, ever do a film as successful as the Harry Potter series. But neither will anybody else. [laughs] Or it will take them a long time.”

You can read more here.

There is also a video of Radcliffe during his photoshoot for their magazine, and you can see that video here.

Parade also has a Harry Potter quiz, which can be taken here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

What a wonderful interview! I’ll have to look in the Sunday paper and be sure I keep this. Loved hearing Dan talk about his grilefriend, which he rearly does.

Posted by LunaLuver on January 07, 2012, 01:05 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Awesome interview! Wow,he sounds quite a bit like me…those “mess around the house” and awkwardness things O.o Lol! ;D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on January 07, 2012, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

I will always remember what he said:“Own your oddness.”

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on January 07, 2012, 05:02 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

What a wonderful, awesome interview!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 07, 2012, 07:42 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

That’s really nice! (apparently, I didn’t really know that he has a girlfriend) I mean, he seems really passionate about his girlfriend, I mean, just the way he talks about her is really nice! Best of luck to them!

Posted by lovelle on January 07, 2012, 07:47 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

I want to meet him!

Posted by Grindylow_101 on January 07, 2012, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How very cute…

Posted by Won_Two on January 07, 2012, 04:18 PM report to moderator

I’m glad Daniel’s happy! Rosie Coker seems like a great person. :D I LOVE that Dan’s accepted that he POSSIBLY might not have the success he has now for the rest of his life, it makes him even more lovable. :D

Posted by . on January 07, 2012, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Love Dan!! His interviews are really interesting

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on January 09, 2012, 08:38 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"That was really unfair," said Hermione... "Your potion wasn't nearly as bad as Goyle's, when he put it in his flagon the whole thing shattered and set his robes on fire."[br]"Yeah, well," said Harry, glowering at his plate, "since when has Snape ever bee