"The Casual Vacancy" Sells 499,000 Copies

News
Posted by: Catherine
October 03, 2012, 03:49 PM

Numerical sale statistics are starting to emerge for The Casual Vacancy. It has been reported that J.K. Rowling's new adult novel has sold 374,000 copies in the USA, and 124,000 copies in the UK, since its release last Thursday. Hypable reports:

Sales numbers for The Casual Vacancy’s first week are now out, and Little Brown says that J.K. Rowling’s first post-Potter novel “exceeded expectations.”
The publisher believes that it is on track to become the bestselling hardback book of the year. Despite high anticipation and one million pre-orders, the book did not surpass first week sales of Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol which holds the record at 550,000 copies.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

I predict it will be this years “Brief History of Time” in that many will buy – but very, very few will finish it.

Posted by Beazle on October 04, 2012, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Jo is really doing well.

Posted by Won_Two on October 04, 2012, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Go Jo :D It was a great read

Posted by Mad But Happy on October 05, 2012, 10:29 AM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I’ve got my copy, can’t wait to get started!

Posted by Acciobrooms on October 05, 2012, 10:33 PM report to moderator

Seems to be still lower then the expected sales, think this is about the nummer of JKR/HP fans who bought out of curiosity.
I know I was one and had the book not been so sharply priced I would have declined buying.

Posted by kamion999 on October 07, 2012, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

I have´t bought it yet, but I have to do it soon!

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on October 07, 2012, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Ohhh_thumb
2006 Points

I have´t bought it yet, but I have to do it soon!

Posted by Viccy6 {ROAR!} on October 07, 2012, 02:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"What made you think he'd really stopped supporting Voldemort, Professor?"[br]Dumbledore held Harry's gaze for a few seconds, and then said, "That, Harry, is a matter between Professor Snape and myself."