Limited Edition "Harry Potter: Page to Screen" Book Collection to be Released in December

Movies
Posted by: Mel
November 07, 2012, 08:45 PM

As readers may recall, Harry Potter: Page to Screen, a book giving an in-depth look at the filming of the Harry Potter movies was released last year. Now, Amazon is releasing a deluxe limited edition of the book with a great deal of addition information:

With seven additional volumes and nearly one thousand additional pages, this limited edition set spectacularly reproduces never-before-seen artwork and chronicles the filmmaking process to a degree of detail never seen before.

Each of the eight volumes in the set are designed to resemble books from the library shelves at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, made with materials and techniques that recall artisan bookmaking of yore. Six of the volumes are dedicated to the workings of several of the creative production departments that made the Harry Potter films so memorable—creature effects, costumes, graphics, production design, props, and special effects—while the seventh additional book, a commemorative keepsake, looks back on the relationships that developed between cast and crew during the ten-plus years it took to complete the historic film series.

Completing this Harry Potter library set is a scale replica of the The Monster Book of Monsters, sculpted and flocked to resemble the film prop in every detail. A gilded, oversized portfolio includes five frame-able prints of pivotal pieces of concept art created by the film series’ most prolific artists.

The seven additional volumes are titled as follows:

* The Creature Shop Compendium: Flora and Fauna from the Harry Potter Films
    * Environments Envisioned: Building Fantastic Sets and Scouting Dramatic Locations
    * A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
    * Movie Magic: Practical Props and Exciting Effects
    * The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
    * Ten Years Later: Life on Set with the Harry Potter Cast and Crew
    * Wizard Wear and Muggle Attire: Costuming the World of Harry Potter

The collection will be released on December 4th and will be priced at $1,000. (On Amazon's site they are currently selling it for $600.) You can read more about the collection here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Deathlyhallows_thumb

$600!? How ridiculous! Why can’t they make these things more affordable? D:

Posted by FullofWrackspurts [ROAR] on November 07, 2012, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Oh my Merlin! O.O Thats just crazy! Whose going to pay $600, not matter how amazing it is.

Posted by LunaLuver on November 07, 2012, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Tete_ben_thumb

This price is absolutely indecent… What I hope now is that they will offer each book separately, so that first people who already have “page to screen” won’t have to buy it twice, and secondly so that we’ll be able to buy one book at a time, you know, for those of us mere mortals (or wizards) who are not Kim Kardashian.

Posted by Noz on November 08, 2012, 03:21 AM report to moderator

ok I’ve been tempted and bought many of the sets they’ve offered but that price is way beyond me. Loved the Page to Screen single volume and I’m with Noz, and hope they offer the other volumes individually so that I can buy them as I can afford. :(

Posted by anne1 on November 08, 2012, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I’m thinking of a dirty word beginning with the letter “f”, followed by off….

Posted by HogwartsForever on November 08, 2012, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Ummmmm, no thank you…

Posted by Won_Two on November 08, 2012, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

Damn . . . I loved the first volume, we’ll see about the rest. My public library probably has them.

Oh God, I’m going to be staggering under all the weight of those books that I’ll be checking out.

Posted by Acciobrooms on November 08, 2012, 10:52 PM report to moderator

I’m not certain why people are surprised (I’m not being judgmental, I’m just confused), this was announced for Amazon UK in September:

And at £552 which (Ignoring the link’s typo) is roughly $880.

I couldn’t be happier that this set is on Amazon.com and for $600, I just saved $280 : ]

Posted by Silvius on November 09, 2012, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Newavatar16_thumb

And I’ll be saving $600 or $1000 by not buying them at all!

Posted by likehagridonlyshorter on November 14, 2012, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_2_thumb

I’m currently saving up for the Page To Screen set. I’m just terrified that I’ll miss out on buying it, seeing as I’ll only have enough money at the end of March next year. :(

Posted by PixieQueen83 on November 17, 2012, 09:45 AM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

Cool cool :)

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on November 21, 2012, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_thumb

if i had the money, I would be buying them. I already have “page to screen”. I just wish they weren’t so bloody expensive. $1,000 is what i pay for rent. can’t spend that on books

Posted by slytherinprincess87 on December 10, 2012, 02:16 PM report to moderator

Witches and wizards in lime-green robes were walking up and down the rows... Harry noticed the emblem embroidered on their chests: a wand and bone, crossed.[br]"Are they doctors?" he asked Ron quietly.[br]"Doctors?" said Ron, looking startled. "Those Mugg