J.K. Rowling Tweets: New book "later this year"

Books
Posted by: Melissa
February 24, 2012, 09:12 AM

A small update this morning from J.K. Rowling's Twitter indicates her book will be out this year:

As you may have heard, I have a new book out later this year. Very different to Harry, although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Dhc-avatar_thumb

I can’t believe that pen and paper aren’t her priority anymore! Ahaha, silly Twitter. I am so crazyexcited for this book, I just… !!!

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 24, 2012, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

WeenyOwl: Should Jo limit herself though if she wants to write a steamy book just because she has previously been known for children’s books? I am not saying she will but surely it is right for Jo to write what she feels makes the best story even if it does end up being unsuitable for younger readers.
However it is interesting to think what Jo might consider to be an adult novel, as a lot of adult themes sneaked their way into the Potter books. I think there will be few if any child characters and less a child could identify with, more shades of grey in heroes and villains and probably more complex plots. I do think there will be mysteries and plot twists and perhaps some light humour, though that would depend on the style of the novel.

Posted by roonwit on February 24, 2012, 06:09 PM report to moderator

YES! I’m growing more and more impatient by the second. . . .

Posted by . on February 24, 2012, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Its risky enough for her to write another book, and kids/teens are going to find a way to read it reguardless simply because its JKR. So for her sake I hope she doesnt go the ‘too steamy’ rout, and that it does well for her. Otherwise she’d be better off to not write anything else. Lets face it, its not like she has to. Also being an Adult books doesnt always mean no young people will be able to read it. Look at Mary Higgins Clark, she writes adults book, but they’re just good wholesome murder mystery plots that anyone can enjoy.

Posted by LunaLuver on February 24, 2012, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

@WeenyOwl

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Posted by akcorr on February 24, 2012, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

If she wanted, she could write something quite difficult and experimental. After all, she doesn’t have to worry about the money or the problems of getting it published!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on February 25, 2012, 02:04 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

This is great! Thought we were going to have a year without something to look forward to. Although it isn’t about Harry Potter, it still is by JK Rowling, which is good enough for me

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 25, 2012, 06:34 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Valeria-Johanna: She doesn’t even need to worry about this book selling – it will probably be a best seller even if it is complete rubbish, though it would probably hit the sales of future books if it really was that bad. However I can’t believe she or her publisher would try to publish this book unless it would sell on its own merits.

Posted by roonwit on February 25, 2012, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

I don’t see why everyone seems so concerned about her catering to a certain audience – she’s a writer and she’d going to write whatever comes naturally. After so many years with Harry she might well go a completely different way, just because a lot of her fans are children doesn’t mean she has to write a book suitable for them. Children grow up, they’ll be able to enjoy her work regardless.

Posted by Sigourney♥ on February 26, 2012, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Caffeine_thumb

I can’t wait. This is so exciting.

Posted by Ani Sharmin on February 26, 2012, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-galleon_thumb

If this is turns out to be a new series hopefully she doesn’t have as many plot holes as she did in the HP series.

Posted by LegendMN007 on February 29, 2012, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Picasion

Oh, I can’t wait! :D

Posted by Weasleyisourking99 on March 01, 2012, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Lots of folks are waiting…

Posted by Won_Two on March 05, 2012, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

So excited! I can’t wait to get my hands on it! I know I’ll love it no matter what the story line or genre! I can’t wait to see what new characters have formed in the brilliant mind of Jo!

Posted by Jacket on March 17, 2012, 01:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"We think the reason Umbridge doesn't want us trained in Defense Against the Dark Arts," said Hermione, "is that she's got some... some mad idea that Dumbledore could use the students in the school as a kind of private army. She thinks he'd mobilize us ag