UPDATED: First Look at Dan Radcliffe in "Kill Your Darlings"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
March 20, 2012, 07:38 PM

Shooting for Dan Radcliffe's new movie "Kill Your Darlings" began last week, and we now have a first look at Radcliffe as Beat poet Allen Ginsberg:

Radcliffe was snapped on the streets of Brooklyn [Monday] morning as he began shooting Kill Your Darlings, in which he takes on the role of Beat Generation poet Allen Ginsberg.

You can see a picture of Radcliffe as Ginsberg here in the article and have pictures of Radcliffe along with co-star Dane DeHaan as Lucien Carr here in our galleries.

Many thanks to Max and Dana for the tip! And many thanks to SnitchSeeker as well!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Severus_x_2_thumb

@WeenyOwl, I think it must be!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 21, 2012, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Wow Dan is Jewish? How didnt I know this? It must be a just one-sided thing that. Yay for him being Irish. =)

Posted by LunaLuver on March 21, 2012, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Dan’s mother is Jewish. Other Jewish members of the distinguished HP cast are Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) and Miriam Margolyes (Pomona Sprout).

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 21, 2012, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I expect that I will be among those toughest to please with Dan’s accent in the movie, being a native New Yorker. I doubt that many people in England have a sense that each of the five boroughs has its own peculiar accent (not to mention Long Island and Westchester and further upstate), any more than I could tell which accent is appropriate for which county or city in England. But then, professional actors have to learn these things, don’t they?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on March 21, 2012, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Ravenpuff_thumb

This looks great. When I saw this, I completely saw harry. He looks great, and very poet like. I love getting my name on Leaky to :) Thanks to @Mel for posting some of the stuff I’ve sent you :)

Posted by Ravenpuffmax on March 21, 2012, 03:20 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

So apparently, the only person with brown eyes and curly dark hair Harry Potter fans are familiar with is Darren Criss.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on March 21, 2012, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@WeenyOwl, I’m sure he will have been working with a dialect coach. There must also be a great deal of Ginsberg’s own speech available in recordings.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 22, 2012, 02:34 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

We can’t really comment on whether he will capture the essence of Ginsberg until we see the film, all I know is that he is a hard working and dedicated actor, and I am quite sure he will make every effort to learn what he needs to. Let’s face it, he had never done song and dance until he did a musical, so he had to learn that from scratch and did a wonderful job and I’m assuming his accent for this film will be many many times better than Dick Van Dyke’s horrendous attempt at a Cockney accent in Mary Poppins!

@Weeny, I am aware that there are different accents from the various New York boroughs, I’m unlikely to recognise which is which though!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 22, 2012, 03:37 AM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

For a very short moment, when I first saw a glance of this photo, I thought it was a fan dressed up as Harry. LOL

Posted by Tarana on March 24, 2012, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I’m glad to see Dan doing other roles that aren’t remotely like Harry. That’s the only way he will avoid being type cast. But I don’t like Ginsberg’s poetry so I think this is a movie I will skip. However, I wish him well with it. And it will be really different to hear him with a New York accent. Other Brits have managed to have various American accents – Rickman and Emma Thompson have been quite convincing. In fact, in Something the Lord Made it was sometimes hard to remember that Rickman wasn’t really a southerner. But I think that’s an easier accent to pick up than any of the New York ones. And no, I wouldn’t know one borough’s accent from the other but I would notice if he sounded British at all.

Posted by Eeyore on March 24, 2012, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

He needs a scar…

Posted by Won_Two on March 25, 2012, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

This movie looks really good!

Posted by Michelle32 on April 10, 2012, 12:51 AM report to moderator

"I wouldn't mind knowing how Riddle got an award for special services to Hogwarts either."[br]"Could've been anything," said Ron. "Maybe he got thirty O.W.L.s or saved a teacher from the giant squid. Maybe he murdered Myrtle; that would've done everyone a