Pottermore Shop Now Open, Harry Potter eBooks and Digital Audio Books Available for First Time

Books
Posted by: Stephanie_J
March 27, 2012, 09:08 AM

The official Pottermore shop was launched this morning, marking the first time that the Harry Potter books are available to buy in an eBook and digital audio book format.

This will be the only place to purchase digital copies of the Harry Potter series, which will be available in all formats for eReaders, tablets, smartphones and mp3 players.

The eBooks for Years 1-3 are available for $7.99, while Years 4-7 are priced at $9.99. Or, the complete series can be purchased for $57.54.

Digital audio books for Years 1-3 will cost $29.99, and Years 4-7 is priced at $44.99. The complete Harry Potter audio collection can be purchased for $ 242.94.

Even though the Pottermore shop is now open, Pottermore remains in beta. It's expected to open to everyone in April.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

first! Yeah for pottermore! I won’t buy these, but I’m glad there out here for everyone to enjoy.

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on March 27, 2012, 09:23 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

awesome! i just checked it out! the prices are actually really good for these e-books & audio books. i was worried they would be super expensive. my only question is why the e-books years 1-3 is $8 and 4-7 is $10 and the whole thing is $58…i mean i know they are including fantastic beasts, quidditch through the ages and beedle the bard but those books cant add up to $40…?? im not good at math but this just doesnt add up to me….

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on March 27, 2012, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

I am so ridiculously excited about this! Will be buying the full set as soon as I can and taking my Kindle everywhere with me :D Order of the Phoenix is just too heavy to lug around in book form! I feel like I’ve been waiting for the eBooks forever, can’t wait to buy them.

Posted by Sigourney♥ on March 27, 2012, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-galleon_thumb

I am debating on whether or not I will purchase these. Still have my hardcovers but I already have copies on my iPad and Nook.

Posted by LegendMN007 on March 27, 2012, 09:35 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Nealie Zealbie: I don’t think the complete e-book collection contains QA, FB and Beedle , however if you do the sums 3×8 + 4×10 = 64 so you are getting the roughly 10% discount they claim by buying the collection, rather then the separate books.

Posted by roonwit on March 27, 2012, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Nealie Zealbie: Actually, I now see the news post is a bit confusing (I saw the site before the post), it is $8 for each of the first three books, and $10 for each of the last four books.

Posted by roonwit on March 27, 2012, 09:43 AM report to moderator
9c4f419901ab145bf06cc1340624a6b6_thumb
2077 Points

Ahhhh! Cool!!!!

Posted by MissWeasley8 on March 27, 2012, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Ruin_thumb

LegendMN007, how do you have copies on your iPad and Nook? Are they pirated copies? I was under the impression that there would be NO ebooks available except through Pottermore.

Posted by nundu on March 27, 2012, 09:49 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How nice… Now, when does COS open up on PM?

Posted by Won_Two on March 27, 2012, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ln8nktbuk51qafrh6_thumb

Glad that they’re finally out, not that’ll I need to get them. Bit expensive though, it seems…

Posted by samueljc on March 27, 2012, 10:25 AM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

YAY! Can’t wait for pottermore to start! :)

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on March 27, 2012, 11:20 AM report to moderator
Mj-myleaky_thumb

Augh! I did not see that the books were also being sold as a set. I bought all 7 individually! :(

Posted by MJedi on March 27, 2012, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

The prices for the ebooks are not as bad as I expected. I know what I’m asking for for Mother’s Day!

Posted by AvanelleWood on March 27, 2012, 02:02 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

FInally, we’re still waiting for CoS to open though.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on March 27, 2012, 03:33 PM report to moderator

Hmm, if it were to let me to buy the UK version of the books (I’m in the US), I’d be all over this. However, since it won’t let me (when I change from US to GB English), I’ll just keep my self-made copies that are already on my Kindle/iPhone/computer.

Posted by Feorge on March 27, 2012, 04:07 PM report to moderator

"It was definitely a curse that killed her -- probably the Transmogrifian Torture -- I've seen it used many times, so unlucky I wasn't there, I know the very countercurse that would have saved her...."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014