Pottermore Terms and Conditions Updated, Video Added to Pottermore Home Page

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
March 30, 2012, 07:23 PM

Pottermore has announced a change in the Terms and Conditions for Beta users so that they now cover the newly opened Pottermore Shop. These Terms and Conditions, which were updated on March 27th, can be found here.

Also, in anticipation of the Pottermore opening beyond Beta in early April, a video has been added to the Pottermore home page which shows a look at the site.

Thank you very much to roonwit for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

First! Yeah for pottermore

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on March 30, 2012, 08:20 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How very lovely…

Posted by Won_Two on March 30, 2012, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Can’t wait!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on March 30, 2012, 10:24 PM report to moderator

I honestly hope Pottermore construction is going well. (:

Posted by . on March 30, 2012, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I plan to spend some time on Pottermore tomorrow, its been a while. Last time I tried it was down for updating. =/

Posted by LunaLuver on March 31, 2012, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Which Pottermore was just a book instead with all the extra information because I’m fed up with all this waiting for nothing

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 31, 2012, 06:18 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp5-tl-0271_thumb

Can anyone tell me when the site will be open to ALL?

Posted by J.E.T. on March 31, 2012, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

J.E.T.: They say early April which might be as soon as next week, though you may have to wait a bit between registering your account and getting access.

Posted by roonwit on March 31, 2012, 11:39 AM report to moderator

I thought that Pottermore was up and in use already. But when I tried the first time they said that I did not have access because of where I live. It’s not like I live in Timbucktoo, I live in Canada. Now I hear that it was for Beta users. What does that mean? Please fill in the Rookie Potter fan.

Posted by Bess54 on April 01, 2012, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I can’t wait!! My boss is threatening to block the site once it’s open because she doesn’t trust me to not spend all my time on it!

Posted by Michelle32 on April 02, 2012, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Cedricdiggorywallpaper_thumb

Oooo! I can’t wait for Pottermore to open for everyone. I didnt get into the series unill a few months ago. I know I’m way late, but I’ve already finished all the books! The preview video makes me so excited! :-D
@ Bess54~ The website “opend” a year or so ago for beta users only. You had to win a sort of contest to get access. But it’s supposed to open to everyone later this month. Hopefuly in the next couple weeks.

Posted by Jacques Delacour on April 02, 2012, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Bess54: Pottermore (the main site, not the shop) is only open to beta users – there were 7 days from 31st July last year when beta registration was open for about an hour and those who successfully registered got on between mid-August and the end of September. The shop opened last week, and the main Pottermore site should open (for registration at least) in the next week or so.

Posted by roonwit on April 02, 2012, 09:37 AM report to moderator

One of the terms is that if you don’t use Pottermore for 6 months or so, they will inactivate your account, maybe even delete it. So go in at least every month or 2 if you want to stay on Pottermore. At least there are sounds now.

Posted by CatSpirit93 on April 04, 2012, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Hungerdivergentpotter_thumb

I got an account last summer so does anybody know when she will open the Chamber of Secrets?

Posted by WizardRockFansAreTheSweetestKindOfFans on April 06, 2012, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lyvgvgwmhl1qfx9mio1_500_thumb

The Pottermore front page said it comes out for everybody in early April. Does anybody know the actual date it comes out?

Posted by Lana Lark on April 06, 2012, 07:42 PM report to moderator

"I believe your friends Misters Fred and George Weasley were responsible for trying to send you a toilet seat. No doubt they thought it would amuse you. Madam Pomfrey, however, felt it might not be very hygienic, and confiscated it."