Video: Rupert Grint and Julie Waters in VisitEngland Ad

Grint
Posted by: Mel
March 07, 2012, 07:19 PM

VisitEngland has launched a new tourism campaign based around the idea that "Holidays at Home are GREAT." Rupert Grint and Julie Waters (Mrs. Weasley) are currently appearing in a TV ad for this campaign:

“2012 is going to be a year like no other in our history, with the Diamond Jubilee celebrations and the Olympics,” Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt said. “With so much going on, this is the perfect time to make the most of the UK and take your holiday here.”
James Berresford, VisitEngland’s Chief Executive, said: “We have thousands of offers up and down the country, which means a family can enjoy great deals on accommodation, meals and tickets to attractions at very affordable prices. Now is the time to holiday at home – there is no comparison anywhere else in the world with what’s on offer here in the UK this year.”

Also appearing in the ad are Stephen Fry (recorded the Harry Potter audiobooks in the UK) and Michelle Dockery, who plays Mary Crawley in the series Downton Abbey. You can watch the ad here and a behind the scenes look at the making of the ad here, or you can watch both below.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

On_guard_thumb

Very interesting. A little “California-esque” on the commercial design for sure.

Posted by proracer42x on March 07, 2012, 08:03 PM report to moderator
On_guard_thumb

I think it would fly in the U.S. if broadcasted.

Posted by proracer42x on March 07, 2012, 08:08 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

Very true, they should show this add here. Very much like the California one, which just s happens to be ob my TV right now lol. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on March 07, 2012, 08:31 PM report to moderator

Oh my, oh my, oh my ROWLING. When they ask me like that, I can’t possibly neglect them.

Posted by . on March 08, 2012, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

WOW Very interesting.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 08, 2012, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Blue_phoenix_avatar_by_rhahsid_thumb

Ok, they talked me into it…as if I needed more than just the Studio Tour to go to the UK for, lol. Actually, I’ve been planning to go this summer :)

Posted by NightPhoenix35 on March 08, 2012, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Here’s an entrepreneurial idea: Some ginger family in the UK should remodel some ramshackle building to resemble the Burrow, then turn it into a bed-and-breakfast and roleplay members of the Weasley family for their guests’ entertainment. (If anybody asks where all the others are, just point to Molly’s admirable clock.) I would think that many people would pay to stay in such a place. Too bad Warner Brothers’ legal department would probably squelch it in a heartbeat.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on March 08, 2012, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

Well, since I’m not coming from the UK, I can only agree that holidays in the UK are great, and much much better than the ones at home ;o)
But then, I’ve been a great fan of the UK since I was something like 10 years old (which was even quite some years before Jo thought of HP).
Of course, being the country where Harry originated, has helped to keep the country interesting. Places like Alnwick Castle, Gloucester Cathedral and Lacock are lovely to visit, and the HP connection adds just that little extra. This Summer I’m steering clear from this country though, because the Jubilee celebrations and the Olympics don’t interest me at all. And it will probably be more crouded than ever.

Posted by Tarana on March 08, 2012, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How very nice…

Posted by Won_Two on March 10, 2012, 10:55 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Well I live in the boring part of the UK but just travelling through the country of Scotland and seeing England’s towns is pretty amazing :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 11, 2012, 05:17 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Everyone gather 'round," said Snape, his black eyes glittering, "and watch what happens to Longbottom's toad. If he has managed to produce a Shrinking Solution, it will shrink to a tadpole. If, as I don't doubt, he has done it wrong, his toad is likely t