Listen to J. K. Rowling Discuss "Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone" in 1999

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
April 01, 2012, 07:19 PM

The Book Club, a BBC Radio 4 program hosted by James Naughtie, has been put online as podcasts. The Book Club talks to authors about their most famous works and there is an interview with J. K. Rowling that took place in August 1999 where she discusses "Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone." Rowling's interview is listed near the bottom of the page here.

Many thanks to roonwit for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Raven_avatar_thumb

I always love to hear interviews & stuff from Jo…

Posted by Won_Two on April 01, 2012, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Spooky_cat_thumb

I also love her interviews as that is how I first became aware of the HP series. The interview I heard was a replay of the following: http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/1999-10-20/jk-rowling

In this interview she reads the wand shop scene during the interview and I remember being blown away and buying the book immediately after.

Posted by cbm on April 01, 2012, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Wow. When I listened to her reading that bit from Philosopher’s Stone I honestly started crying… I miss this so much. Plus, this was the beginning for all of us… it was the book that started what I now live by, and it was being read by my idol, Our Queen.
Thank you for sharing, Leaky! xx

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on April 01, 2012, 11:14 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

That is a treasure trove of podcasts. I’m glad to see that I have read several of the books listed.

Posted by Graymayne on April 02, 2012, 03:01 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Need to listen to this! :)

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 02, 2012, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

That is one impressive list of podcasts. I want to listen to a lot of more, but I started with the most important one ;o)
I also love interviews with Jo. This one was actually just before I became a fan, but I already owned the first two books (bought them on Atlanta airport on my way home to the Netherlands, and I remembered reading a small newspaper article about this English single mother who had gotten a 5 figure book deal in the States). Wow, this really brings back memories. After I had read PS and COS, I asked a friend who was going on holiday to the UK to bring back POA for me. But I think a became a fan when I was about halfway PS, and one evening thought I’d read for just half an hour before bed, and ended up finishing the book by 1 o’clock.
@cbm: Thanks for the link. I’m going to listen to that interview, as well.

Posted by Tarana on April 02, 2012, 05:50 PM report to moderator

Yes! LOVE her interviews and hate the fact that they’re scarce.

Posted by . on April 02, 2012, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Listening now!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on April 03, 2012, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lyvgvgwmhl1qfx9mio1_500_thumb

I love her interviews!
August 1999?!?! That’s the month and year I was born!

Posted by Lana Lark on April 06, 2012, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I love her interviews!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 07, 2012, 09:03 AM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

i still love my idol jk..=)

Posted by tjerriam on April 08, 2012, 05:40 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Cool! wanna here this one! thanks!

Posted by lovelle on April 10, 2012, 02:17 AM report to moderator

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said Angelina hopefully.[br]"Or the Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group?" suggested Fred.[br]"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can re