J.K. Rowling Launches New Website

JKRowling.com
Posted by: Rosi
April 12, 2012, 08:50 AM

J.K. Rowling just announced the launch of her newly revamped website on Twitter. Check it out at this link!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent JKRowling.com News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

It’s pretty cool but I’m going to miss the old version

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 12, 2012, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Ya, I just looked over a bunch of page captures I saved from there… I will miss it too!

Posted by Won_Two on April 12, 2012, 09:04 AM report to moderator

Can’t get in to the New Book section… just get a spinning star “hourglass”. sigh Nargles.

Posted by AlwaysME on April 12, 2012, 09:05 AM report to moderator

Oh yeah! Sep 27th! The Casual Vacancy! http://www.littlebrown.co.uk/TheCasualVacancy

Posted by Voldie on April 12, 2012, 09:09 AM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

It is cool but I too miss the old one. Hopefully she’ll keep it updated rather than just abandon it like she did the old one. (that sound kinda mean but I don’t mean it that way). Can’t wait for more news on pottermore, maybe a specific date of the public launch. XD

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on April 12, 2012, 09:15 AM report to moderator
Hermione_granger_thumb

I loved the look of her website, is very similar to the way I imagined, except for not having more messy desk. And I am already very anxious, eager to get just that in September, which will then buy the new book: The Casual Vacancy!

Posted by Laura Lestrange on April 12, 2012, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Cedricdiggorywallpaper_thumb

The mobil site isnt working so I have to wait till I get home. :(

Posted by Jacques Delacour on April 12, 2012, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Thank_you_thumb

Yay! Having the best time looking through it!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on April 12, 2012, 01:28 PM report to moderator

Nooooo!!!!! Does this mean the beautiful old website will never be seen again???? It was pretty much the coolest website of all time!!!!!!!!!! How could it be gone?? :(((((( And there was all that interesting information about HP stuff! I guess people that are just becoming fans will never be able to see it…. This is depressing.

Posted by Loony54 on April 12, 2012, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

it’s weird at first.

Posted by mariakingsford on April 12, 2012, 04:14 PM report to moderator
404804_2062699827530_1845759987_1336491_2063603037_n_thumb

You get used to it quickly

Posted by natalia96 on April 12, 2012, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

LOVE IT!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 12, 2012, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Having never spend muct time of her other site, I’m giving this a shot with an open mind. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on April 12, 2012, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Cedricdiggorywallpaper_thumb

Im sure the new Pottermore website will include a lot of the information about HP that was formaly on her personal website. But I must say that I just got to check out the Deathly Hallows II premiere for the first time and omg! The ending was so emotional when the actors and Rowling were giving their final words. How could any fan not cry along with them?

Posted by Jacques Delacour on April 12, 2012, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Hp_wallpaper_thumb

On the website, it’s said that a lot of the older stuff from the JKR website would be going on Pottermore, so that’s super. Also, did you notice this tiny bit from Q&A?

Q: What about the Harry Potter Encyclopaedia?
A: For a long time I have been promising an encyclopaedia of Harry’s world, and I have started work on this now – some of it forms the new content in Pottermore. It is likely to be a time-consuming job, but when finished I shall donate all royalties to charity.

So she’s working on it right now! I went straight out of my head when I read this…

Posted by sue1308 on April 13, 2012, 06:09 AM report to moderator

The air was suddenly full of the swishing cloaks. Between graves, behind the yew tree, in every shadowy space, wizards were Apparating. All of them were hooded and masked. And one by one they moved forward... slowly, cautiously, as though they could hardl

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014