Pottermore Now Available to All!

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
April 14, 2012, 10:11 AM

Pottermore, J. K. Rowling's online Harry Potter experience, is now open to all wishing to join in on the experience.  The change was made early this morning in the UK and is indicated on the official website with the question "Are you magical?"  Users may sign up now, while actual invitations should start arriving-- care of owls, surely-- over the next few days.  The Pottermore Insider blog reads:

Get ready to begin your Pottermore journey, because Pottermore.com is now opening to everyone.
Over the coming days, we'll be inviting new users onto Pottermore.com. We're expecting to be really busy to start with and plan to activate new registrations in a steady stream. This means that you may not get access to Pottermore immediately after you sign up but we will get you exploring the site as quickly possible.
After you've signed up, you'll get sorted into one of the four Hogwarts houses, have a wand choose you, and discover exclusive new writing from J.K. Rowling.
We’ll be adding lots of exciting new features over the coming weeks and months, so make sure you return regularly to explore and discover all the changes as Pottermore grows.
The news comes on the heels of a pretty busy week in Harry Potter, with the announcement of author J. K. Rowling's next book project, The Casual Vacancy, and the launch of her revamped official website right here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Ron-and-hermione_thumb

I’m actually waiting for this! I’m already a beta-user but I wanted to register for another account!

Anyway, welcome to the new ones! :D

Posted by lovelle on April 15, 2012, 04:14 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

YAY! Add me, my name is HazelAccio167!

Posted by Mad But Happy on April 15, 2012, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuffpottermore_thumb

I’m still seeing “Beta” at the top of Pottermore when I log in…are we supposed to create a new account to start fresh along with everyone else?

Posted by mwppforever on April 15, 2012, 08:47 AM report to moderator

Got email today and was told may be wait 7 days. Email arrived less than an hour later. Brilliant!

Posted by Spook on April 15, 2012, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I’m going to john now!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 15, 2012, 09:35 AM report to moderator

And they still haven’t got a million members yet.

Posted by BronzeStrike102 on April 15, 2012, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Everyone, please don’t start focusing on the points on Pottermore, enjoy finding your way through the books, discovering all the hidden objects and reading Jo’s new content, there are also potions to make, and duelling to take part in, if you like that sort of thing, and the artistic can add their pictures, which is something I rather enjoy looking at from time to time.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 15, 2012, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp5-tl-0271_thumb

JUST SIGNED UP & CAN NOT WAIT

Posted by J.E.T. on April 15, 2012, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Hungerdivergentpotter_thumb

I hope the CoS part comes soon i signed up at the quill thing

Posted by WizardRockFansAreTheSweetestKindOfFans on April 15, 2012, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Enormous_lucius_thumb_thumb

@mwppforever: No, I’m able to explore the site and it’s with the same account I made when I signed up for the site

Posted by Rsheppard on April 15, 2012, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

So excited to be placed in Pottermore as a Hufflepuff.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on April 16, 2012, 10:45 AM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

Halleluyah! So much news in one weekend…SqUeEe

Posted by Rowling Stones on April 16, 2012, 06:43 PM report to moderator
9c4f419901ab145bf06cc1340624a6b6_thumb
2077 Points

I am a Hufflepuff! I am a Gryffie @ heart though!

Posted by MissWeasley8 on April 16, 2012, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

I was so looking forward to the new content, but I have found only one text. If I don’t I find the next one soon, I’ll get very bored with that site very soon :o(

Posted by Tarana on April 17, 2012, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Enormous_lucius_thumb_thumb

Does anyone know when CoS will be released on Pottermore? I’m a Slytherin on there

Posted by Rsheppard on April 17, 2012, 06:03 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

They were all supposed to be listening to a Christmas broadcast by Mrs. Weasley's favorite singer, Celestina Warbeck, whose voice was warbling out of the large wooden wireless set. Fleur, who seemed to find Celestina very dull, was talking so loudly in th