Hogwarts Library Boxed Set: First Info and Look from Bloomsbury

Companion Books
Posted by: Edward
May 23, 2012, 05:02 PM

Bloomsbury, this morning, confirmed and released the first look at the Hogwarts Library Boxed Set we first learned about yesterday.  The books will be hardcover editions on the three previously published Hogwarts school books, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," "Quidditch Through the Ages," and "Tales of Beedle the Bard."  Check out an image of the books, here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

Will the proceeds still go to charity?

Posted by AEN on May 23, 2012, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Well, this just ruined any excitment I had yesterday. I mean, really? The same three most of us already have? Why not Hogwarts, A History, that would boost sales amazingly! I guess we’ll never get anything new at tis point. =(

Posted by LunaLuver on May 23, 2012, 05:21 PM report to moderator

UGH I NEED THOSE! I AM A HUGE HP FAN BUT DON’T HAVE THEM! I NEED THEM!

Posted by katelyner123 on May 23, 2012, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

AEN: I imagine at least some of the proceeds, presumably at least Jo’s share, will go to charity, since FB and QA have had new editions since they were originally published and some of the price (between 1/4 and 1/5) goes still goes to Comic Relief so I assume the charities will share a similar portion of the boxed set.

Posted by roonwit on May 23, 2012, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

once again Mugglenet has the news and we don’t!!

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on May 23, 2012, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Well, hardcover is nice – Beasts & Quidditch weren’t available in hardcover editions before, I don’t think.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 23, 2012, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

ruined the moment. i wish she was actually writing more books!!!!!!!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on May 23, 2012, 09:18 PM report to moderator
9c4f419901ab145bf06cc1340624a6b6_thumb
2077 Points

I already have those!

Posted by MissWeasley8 on May 23, 2012, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

I was hoping for new books not just republished one ,I already own those three…* sigh *

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on May 23, 2012, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I was hoping for something new. I already have all of those. :(

Posted by Rhiannon on May 23, 2012, 11:22 PM report to moderator

I was hoping for something new and I must admit if killed my excitement but this is okay, I’m still kind of wishing for new footnotes and doodles from Harry and Ron like she did with fantastic beasts. I found those enjoyable XD

Posted by FredFreakinWeasly on May 23, 2012, 11:31 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That is so cool! :) But I already have those!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 24, 2012, 04:40 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I thought so—I didn’t think Jo would come out with 2 huge things (her adullt novel and something HP related) at once. Plus i thought i saw something like this before…hm

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 24, 2012, 05:56 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Another “anti-squee” moment… :+/

Posted by Won_Two on May 24, 2012, 09:26 AM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

I think this is awesome news cos I don’t own any of them! XD

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on May 24, 2012, 11:28 AM report to moderator

"Voldemort," said Riddle softly, "is my past, present, and future, Harry Potter...."[br]He pulled Harry's wand from his pocket and began to trace it through the air, writing three shimmering words: TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE. Then he waved the wand once, and the

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014