Australia Joins the International Ranks of Quidditch

Fan Events
Posted by: Catherine
May 08, 2012, 09:47 PM

According to the Herald Sun the "Olympic" Australian Quidditch team has packed it's bags, and is prepared to fly off to London. The Australian National Quidditch team is the newest team that will go up against the USA and UK in this summer's 2012 UK Summer Games.  The Aussies now officially join rank with the other 150 Official Quidditch teams around the world associated with the IQA (International Quidditch Association). The IQA now recognizes 791 Quidditch teams around the world (both "official" and "unofficial" leagues and teams).

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Yay 1st! When I’m of age I have to see if I can join!!!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on May 09, 2012, 03:02 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s cool

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 09, 2012, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Pumpkin-seeds_thumb

Way cool!!!! But still, flying is the best part in Quidditch :( Maybe in a couple of decades they’ll be able to create flying broomstciks hehehehe :D Good luck :D

Posted by Hedwig♪WBM♪OS on May 09, 2012, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Without flying… it is more like weird field hockey…

Posted by Won_Two on May 09, 2012, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I think this is wicked!! XD True, and sadly, there’s no flying on brooms, but still this is just so cool! I wish there was a team where I live, I would ne joining in a heart beat! Even though I totally suck a sports, lol =P

Posted by LunaLuver on May 09, 2012, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

that is soo Awesome. :-D

Posted by mariakingsford on May 09, 2012, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_thumb

That’s so cool! Wish I could join them! :3

Posted by Magic Moon on May 11, 2012, 02:28 PM report to moderator
The_magic_is_gone_thumb

Amazing!! I really hope it’s going to be on television!

Posted by iButterbeer on May 11, 2012, 06:55 PM report to moderator

Harry frowned. He thought it was a bit rich of Uncle Vernon to call anyone "dumpy," when his own son, Dudley, had finally achieved what he'd been threatening to do since the age of three, and become wider than he was tall.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014