First Four Chapters of "Chamber of Secrets" Open to All on Pottermore

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
July 11, 2012, 03:00 PM

The first four chapters of "Chamber of Secrets" are now open to all Pottermore users. Pottermore Insider reports:

There’s plenty to discover and enjoy. Read more exclusive writing from J.K. Rowling; view The Burrow for the first time and de-gnome the garden. Collect your second-year shopping list, find more Galleons and visit Diagon Alley, where all Pottermore students can now purchase their second-year school books.

The Chamber of Secrets is being launched in three installments; with the next installment following in the coming weeks.

Keep close to Leaky for all Pottermore updates!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Pumpkin-seeds_thumb

The harder the game, the longer the time we spend on Pottermore, the more fun it is. I wouldn’t have enjoyed it had it been easy!

Posted by Hedwig♪WBM♪OS on July 12, 2012, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I have a love/hate relationship with Pottermore. I love all the extras from JKR, the bonus content is my favorite. I managed to keep the cake up but you should probably call someone else for de-gnoming the yard. The sound effects are great and I do love the graphics. I just keep feeling like I’m missing something in each moment. I drag my mouse all over the page just to find a Bertie Bott’s bean. But, I’m excited to see what else will crop up as we work our way through the books.

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on July 12, 2012, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

I had a fun time exploring the new chapters and I loved the new content and extra bits which were revealed to us :) The mini games were a nice surprise too – the degnoming has been the most difficult so far, but after a few concentrated efforts, I managed to throw 5 gnomes over the wall! Although only one got hit on the stump, so I didn’t get much of a bonus, but at least I got to go to the next moment!

I also loved the graphics, sounds, and music from the new chapters, I hope the next ones are just as exciting!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on July 12, 2012, 05:04 PM report to moderator

Does anyone know why the games do not work with internet explorer? I can find things but the games just don’t work for me. Am not that tech savy but had no problems with SS.

Posted by hewy on July 13, 2012, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

Hewy – I’m not sure what’s up. They don’t work on my computer at work that runs IE, but they work my home computer that also runs IE. I’ve got Java, even updated it, but I’m obviously missing some plug-in or add-on. I just don’t know what it is! If anyone else knows the answer, please share! :)

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on July 13, 2012, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I avoid using IE as most things don’t seem to run properly on it a it is so slow. I use Firefox.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on July 13, 2012, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@Hedwig, not everyone has your youthful dexterity! I contacted Pottermore over Philosopher’s Stone, as some of the features (especially catching the snitch) would be next to impossible for people with arthritis in their hands, who would not then be able to proceed. At least there should be codes available for disabled people to be able to use Pottermore, so that everyone can enjoy what it has to offer. (I received an acknowledgement, but no reply as such.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 13, 2012, 10:03 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Good I can’t wait to go on it!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 15, 2012, 05:22 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

can’t wait to get on and get going with this new part!!!!!!!

Posted by HarryLover on July 16, 2012, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I had to download Google Chrome (which I loathe… I’m a Microsoft girl!) & Pottermore worked fine. Has it not even been out a week? It feels like so much longer!

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on July 17, 2012, 09:22 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Awfully sorry, boys, but I'll have to put a Memory Charm on you now. Can't have you blabbing my secrets all over the place. I'd never sell another book --"[br]Harry reached his wand just in time. Lockhart had barely raised his, when Harry bellowed, [i]"E