Dan Radcliffe to Star in Romantic Comedy, "The F Word"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
July 17, 2012, 07:03 PM

Variety is reporting that Radcliffe is also set to star in an upcoming romantic comedy entitled "The F Word." The 'f' in the title refers to the state of being in the "friend zone." Radcliffe will be starring alongside Zoe Kazan:

Story follows Wallace (Radcliffe) and Chantry (Kazan), a pair of twentysomethings who meet at a party and hit it off. However, Chantry has a long-term boyfriend, so with the best intentions and a little denial, they decide to confront the challenge of being just friends.

Pic is based on the play "Toothpaste and Cigars" by T.J. Dawe and Michael Rinaldi. Production starts Aug. 15 in Toronto, and additional casting is under way.

You can read the rest of the article here. This is the second new project of Radcliffe's that has been announced this week. Read more about his upcoming supernatural film "Horns," here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I love romantic comdies! Cant wait to see Dan in this, love how he is branching out to different genres. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on July 17, 2012, 07:15 PM report to moderator

This is awesome! I knew he always wanted to be in a romantic comedy type, largley comedy, so this is going to be great! :DDDDD Good luck Dan!

Posted by katelyner123 on July 17, 2012, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Wow, sounds great! Can’t wait to watch Dan, I’m so proud of him for all he’s done after Harry Potter :)

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on July 17, 2012, 08:20 PM report to moderator

So happy to see the HP cast doing so well. They deserve it. :)

Posted by ethanHP on July 18, 2012, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Dan sure is keeping busy…

Posted by Won_Two on July 18, 2012, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

this is going to be cool! never seen anyone from the cast in a romantic comedy! WAH!!!

Posted by lovelle on July 18, 2012, 08:42 PM report to moderator

This is awesome and a wonderful genre choice for Radcliffe; it’s wonderful that his talent lies both in raw talent and growth through a 10 year evolution! I got the interesting perspective of watching Daniel perform in “Equus” on Broadway during a business trip for Dish, before the Harry Potter films. The wonderful conversations I had with fellow fans of the talented actor. On my most recent trip last week, I finally finished the last two Harry Potter films. It’s so much easier for me to subscribe to Blockbuster @Home and get my films by mail; perfect for late night after-hour hotel parties. My team had such a fun time watching the movies together. As for myself, it’s probably good I was in a Hilton and not a theater; I had a combination of tears and “Turrets” as the story unfolded before my tortured mind. Awesome ride!

Posted by darkestmoon on July 19, 2012, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I’m always up for a good romantic comedy! Like everyone, I’m so glad to see Dan & the rest of the HP cast do well post-Potter.

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on July 19, 2012, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

This is going to be cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 20, 2012, 05:44 AM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

I can’t wait to see Dan in a romantic comedy! Should be so cool to see him in this. I’m so glad that he has been able to move into these new genres of movies and be accepted as an actor, not just Harry Potter

Posted by HarryLover on July 23, 2012, 04:01 PM report to moderator

"I am not forgotten, you know, no, I still receive a very great deal of fan mail... Gladys Gudgeon writes [i]weekly[/i]... I just wish I knew [i]why[/i]..." He paused, looking faintly puzzled, then beamed again and returned to his signing with renewed vig