Video: Graphic Designer Discusses Creating Slytherin Locket

Movies
Posted by: Mel
July 18, 2012, 07:08 PM

The Harry Potter Wizard's Collection site has released a new video showing what fans can expect with the upcoming release of the DVD box set. In this video Miraphora Mina, a graphic designer for the Harry Potter films, explains how she created the look for the Slytherin locket. In the video Mina also discusses how fans will get a reproduction of the Slytherin locket when they purchase the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection. You can watch the video here or below. Many thanks to SnitchSeeker for the tip.

The Harry Potter Wizard's Collection will be released on September 7th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Oh man! More reasons why I want this! It’s just too expensive! >.<

Posted by lovelle on July 18, 2012, 08:39 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb
Its this or a new air conditioner…. ummmm… well, dang its sooo hot.
Posted by Won_Two on July 18, 2012, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

Wow…one of the many things about Harry Potter that I love is that they put SO much detail into every single aspect of the movies. Incredible! Wish I was able to buy it >.<

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on July 19, 2012, 03:10 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I want this badly….

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on July 19, 2012, 03:35 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Despite being an enthusiastic collector of HP memorabilia I have absolutely no wish to own the Slytherin locket.

Posted by Graymayne on July 19, 2012, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

cool but so expensive.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on July 20, 2012, 05:47 AM report to moderator
E_sunshine_gif_match_darke_moon_thumb

My parents buy a Christmas gift for the “house” every year and I am hoping to convince them this is it! I don’t think my sister will be too happy about it! :D

Posted by Elodie Eeylop on July 20, 2012, 06:34 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Truth be told, I never like how the locket looked in the movie. Just not how I had pictured it in my head all those years. And like Graymayne said, I have no wish to own the Slytherin locket. That thing it just too ‘dark’ for my liking. Now what I would like is Hermione’s beaded bag! I’ve never checked, hmmm, but I wonder if WB.com sells it?

Posted by LunaLuver on July 21, 2012, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

@LunaLuver: Amazon.co.uk has an expensive (Noble) version of the bag, and a cheaper version. Perhaps Amazon.com has them too, but I haven’t checked (in case you’re in the US). I’d love to own a ‘real’ one, I’m always carrying too much stuff ;o)
Good luck!

Posted by Tarana on July 21, 2012, 11:33 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

how much is this set.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on July 21, 2012, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

That depends on where you’re buying it. Maybe it will change, but currently:
Amazon US and WB shop: almost USD 350
Amazon Canada: almost CAD 350
Amazon UK: GBP 178
Amazon France: EUR 280

Posted by Tarana on July 22, 2012, 04:55 PM report to moderator

"Canary Creams!" Fred shouted to the excitable crowd. "George and I invented them -- seven Sickles each, a bargain!"