Cover Art of "The Casual Vacancy" Revealed

News
Posted by: Catherine
July 04, 2012, 09:30 AM

Update: New image from Amazon that shows the physical book below.

Little, Brown Book Group has released the cover art for J.K. Rowling's adult novel, The Casual Vacancy. You can view the cover art below or here. The company also provided more detail of the "audio reader and confirmed page extent":

Cover design by Mario J. Pulice
Illustration and hand lettering by Joel Holland

Published worldwide in the English language on 27th September 2012 in hardback (£20.00), ebook (£11.99), unabridged audio download (£20.00) and on CD (£30.00).

ISBN 9781408704202     (hardback) price £20.00
ISBN 9781405519229     (ebook) price £11.99
ISBN 9781405519212     (audio download) £20.00
ISBN 9781405519205     (CD) price £30.00

The audio edition of The Casual Vacancy will be read by Tom Hollander, an experienced star of stage and screen.

Notes to Editors

Barry Fairbrother’s surname was incorrectly given as Fairweather in our original press release.  This was Little, Brown’s error and we are correcting it now.

Stay tuned to Leaky for upcoming news!

New image from Amazon that shows the physical book:

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

So excited!

Posted by pottermate on July 03, 2012, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

First?! Can’t wait ,Still unsure but hopefully JKR won’t disapoint!

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on July 03, 2012, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Bb0d8cadc6614c0d_thumb

Very Agatha Christie-esque. :)

Posted by Sirius_Craic on July 03, 2012, 10:09 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

So it’s Fairbrother now? Not Fairweather? Meh, don’t really like the cover but then again I’m only focused on the content inside! So excited!! Thanks for keeping us updated Leaky!

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 03, 2012, 10:22 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

512 pages? Hell yeah!

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 03, 2012, 10:26 AM report to moderator

Woot! Go J.K.!!!! I know your book will never disappoint- your others are the world’s best-selling!

Posted by katelyner123 on July 03, 2012, 10:29 AM report to moderator

I’m very excited for this. I’m really hoping I’ll like it!

Posted by JanePotter on July 03, 2012, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Royaltyofnarniaavie3_thumb

Squeeeeee! I’m so excited for this! I wonder how the Fairbrother thing happened, and I was so happy for Lauren Fairwaither, oh well :p I’m so looking forward to reading something new from JK Rowling!

Posted by lollifant on July 03, 2012, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Talk about aggressive marketing! You’ll be able to see this book from a mile away, in someone’s lap at the beach or under someone’s arm on the subway.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on July 03, 2012, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

Very gryffindor colors don’t you think? ;) I’ve preordered am excited!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 03, 2012, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I’ve already preordered it for my Nook & will be getting it in hardback as well. JKR has an amazing gift & I’m doing my best not to compare it to HP. I bet it will be amazing. I wonder if they are releasing ARC’s? It’ll be interesting t read some reviews before it’s released.

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on July 03, 2012, 01:32 PM report to moderator

Why is the I in Rowling the only lower case…. Hmm hidden clues :)

Posted by TylerMcBride on July 03, 2012, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I hope it’s good! Pretty expensive though!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 03, 2012, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mwfpc2fgyd1qan42po1_250_thumb
20964 Points

I dont really care for the cover, too loud and in your face. And I must say, Fairbrother is an odd last name, just odd. Cant say I’m planning on ready it, but I am interested to read the reviews and hear peoples thoughts.

Posted by LunaLuver on July 03, 2012, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I like the cover! It’s very mysterious- and I like the i! The surname probably would be better as Fairweather…

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on July 03, 2012, 06:32 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Can you see all your family standing around you?"[br] "No -- I'm alone -- but I'm different -- I look older -- and I'm head boy!"[br] [i]"What?"[/i][br] "I am -- I'm wearing the badge like Bill used to -- and I'm holding the house cup and the Quiddi