"J.K. Rowling: Life After Potter" Australian Special

News
Posted by: Catherine
August 27, 2012, 02:12 PM

J.K. Rowling will be interviewed by Jennifer Byrne and discussing her post-Potter life on Australia's ABC network. This is solely an Australian special, titled J.K. Rowling: Life After Potter. The special will be shown on September 27, the day The Casual Vacancy is released, at 8:00 PM local Australian time on ABC1. The West Australian reports:

"This key interview will be a fantastic opportunity to learn more about J K Rowling's creative process," said Matt Hoy, Hachette sales and marketing director.

"The evolution of her new novel will be all the more exciting in Jennifer's hands, given her well-known passion for books and reading.

Katrina Sedgwick, ABC TV head of arts, said the interview will explore the author's new novel, as well as her past success.

"We are thrilled that Jennifer has been invited to do this interview and has the opportunity talk to J K in depth," she said.

"This is J K's first venture into the world of adult fiction and Jennifer will explore what new challenges she has faced in talking to this new audiences.

"The influence and impact of J K Rowling has been profound in bringing millions of children into the world of literature."

As reported before, Ms. Rowling is planing a few USA interview specials with ABC's Nightline, World News and Good Morning America, and The Daily Show.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Vdpqtmg_thumb

Too bad I don’t live in Austraila.

Posted by Acciobrooms on August 27, 2012, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

YES I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!! I WILL TAPE IT FOR YOU GUYS!!! probs be low quality but ill do my best!!!!
so excited cannot wait!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on August 27, 2012, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Odd its only and Aussie thing. Huh.
@MaP: That would be great! =D Hopefully you’ll be able to get it to load. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 27, 2012, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

:) yeah i hope i can! ill try record it as best i can but fingers crossed!!!
also i am in a different time zone to when sydney get it but hopefully it won’t be on late and i can record the whole thing :)

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on August 28, 2012, 07:32 AM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

Thanks MUdbloodandproud!!
I so wish I was in australia!!

Posted by HarryLover on August 28, 2012, 03:11 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Yes! Finally something for us Aussies! I can’t wait to see this!!! :D

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on August 28, 2012, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

It’s very nice for you Aussies. I do hope I’ll be able to watch it somehow, here in the Netherlands, too ! If any of you could send it to Leaky or put it on YouTube, that would be awesome!
“This key interview will be a fantastic opportunity to learn more about J K Rowling’s creative process” I just have to see+hear that ! Sounds so great.
Actually, I want to see/hear/read every interview she does to promote the book. I sort of had hoped to go to Cheltenham, but I don’t think it’s going to happen :o(

Posted by Tarana on August 28, 2012, 05:37 PM report to moderator

Frack yes! Finally something for the Australian fans

Posted by lumostar on August 29, 2012, 03:43 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Sounds like fun stuff!

Posted by Won_Two on August 31, 2012, 07:48 PM report to moderator

"Are you threatening me, sir?" he said, so loudly that passersby actually turned to stare.[br]"Yes, I am," said Mad-Eye, who seemed rather pleased that Uncle Vernon had grasped this fact so quickly.