Temporary Addition to Warn Bros Studio Tour

News
Posted by: Catherine
September 20, 2012, 06:42 AM

From October 27 to November 4, The Making of Harry Potter dark arts sets will be added to the tour. SnitchSeeker reports:

Secrets behind the Dark Arts will be revealed for the first time this half-term at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter. For one week only visitors will learn how the Dark Arts were brought to life in the films. Discover how the costumes were developed for the most infamous characters, learn about the make-up techniques used to help the actors get into character and come face-to-face with Death Eaters.

Other special features include a ‘lesson’ in the Potions classroom where the real contents of the potion jars will be explained. Over 500 of the original jars are displayed all with handwritten labels. Some of the few remaining Prophecy orbs will be on show at the Malfoy Manor fireplace with revelations about their use during filming in the Hall of Prophecy.

Ø An extra layer of fabric was added to Voldemort’s™ costume every time he became more powerful. During filming for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix™ over 50 meters of silk were used.

Ø Aragog, the giant spider, was covered by hand with yak hair, sisal and hemp from brooms.

Ø The make-up effects used to create the Dark Lord included temporary tattoos for veins, enhanced cheekbones, contact lenses and false eyebrows, fingernails and teeth.

Ø Each werewolf prosthetic was made with real goat hair that was inserted strand-by-strand.

Ø The Prophecy orbs are made of glass and were filled with seed pods, mushrooms, mussels and rubber frogs.

The secrets behind the Dark Arts will start on Saturday 27 October to Sunday 4 November.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This is so cool!!!! OmG how I which I could go! Darn big pond for being in my way. :( Shame its only going to be for a week.

Posted by LunaLuver on September 20, 2012, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

I was just there last Saturday – it’s amazing! I would have loved to see this, but what can you do (besides go back haha). Aragog was on display (eww), as was the fireplace from Malfoy Manor and Lord V’s robes.

Anyone know anything about new chocolate frog cards? I got one for a friend and the card was Dumbledore! It looked exactly like the frogs from Florida, so I would never have imagined it would have anyone but the four founders. Does Leavesden have their own set? Or are they introducing a new one? Either way, seems like I’m going to start collecting chocolate frogs again. O_o

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on September 20, 2012, 08:08 PM report to moderator

Hmmm this is very tempting. I was just thinking today that I need to pay another visit to the shop to stock up on chocolate frog cards…

Posted by anne1 on September 21, 2012, 01:49 PM report to moderator

@gaminette just seen your post. I’m glad there’s more than the four founders. I got Helga Hufflepuff last time and wondered whether there were just the founders. I was hoping that they’d have some of the older wizards like Cliodhna.

Posted by anne1 on September 21, 2012, 01:53 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Cool stuff that.

Posted by Won_Two on September 22, 2012, 02:03 PM report to moderator

"What do you see when you look in the mirror?"[br] "I? I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014