Daniel Radcliffe Performs at the Oscars (UPDATED)

News
Posted by: Catherine
February 25, 2013, 08:23 AM

Daniel Radcliffe performed a song and dance with Joseph Gordon Levitt and Seth MacFarlane during the Oscar introduction ceremony. He also presented an award to Lincoln with Kristen Stewart. Movie clips from YouTube can be seen below. There are many clips of Daniel Radcliffe's red carpet interviews that will be posted soon!

UPDATE: E! Online had the chance to catch up with Daniel Radcliffe back stage, reporting:

On presenting with Kristen Stewart:

"I felt so bad," Radcliffe said at the Governors Ball. "I just wanted to pick her up, put her in my arms and carry her onto the stage."
Or maybe not. "I probably would have dropped her and opened her wound again," Radcliffe added with a laugh, referring to K.Stew's reason for hobbling on crutches: cutting the bottom of her foot on glass!
"I felt like this was a long time coming. I feel like we've been meant to meet," Radcliffe said. "This was the perfect way. And you know what? She is so nice—really, really nice."
On dancing and performing with Seth MacFarlane:
"I looked at them and was like, 'Remember your first day of work on your first job? Could you believe we're doing this now?'" Radcliffe said. "They were actually thinking the same thing. The night has been surreal. I never thought I'd be doing any of this."

When Radcliffe was leaving the Governors Ball, he stopped to chat with Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "KristinChenoweth is amazing!" Radcliffe said. "Thank you for sitting me next to her."

This was Radcliffe's first time at the Oscars, and the big night clearly left an impression.

"It was fun," he said. "I can't say enough good things about Seth MacFarlane. I hold him in the highest regard."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

Thanks for posting this story, it was amazing.

Posted by Ariana Devins on February 25, 2013, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

He was awesome last night!
Looked quite dashing!
Loved his comments. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Posted by Xyra44 on February 25, 2013, 04:28 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

oh my god he is the sweetest most genuine guy ever! he and joseph gordon-levitt are like the two hottest coolest actors ever and they danced together! swear to god i was hysterical!

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on February 25, 2013, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

It’s a shame the videos have been blocked out on you-tube.

Posted by budgie on February 25, 2013, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

They all work for me…

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 25, 2013, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

Catherine, thank-you for all the news stories you post for us!! This one is awesome!!

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on February 26, 2013, 11:13 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

The videos worked when I watched them. I enjoyed reading his answers to the interviewer’s questions.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on February 26, 2013, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

It’s hard to believe that the onscreen personification of Harry Potter and the onscreen personification of the Twilight books had never crossed paths before. Mr. Radcliffe was, as always, polite, generous and respectful – much more so than many Potterheads would likely be, if they had a chance to say what they really thought of Kristen Stewart! Nor did he have anything critical to say about Seth MacFarlane’s many tasteless jokes. Our Dan doesn’t seem to have a mean bone in his body. As Arthur Weasley would say, ‘Bless him!’

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on February 26, 2013, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Yes, Dan is ever the gentleman… I am no Twilight fanguy of Kristin’s, nor one of her apologists… However, I must say I am quite angry with several media talking heads who commented that Kristin looked like she was ‘under the influence’. Well DUUH! She had a bad laceration and stitches on the bottom of her foot & no doubt was prescribed some painkillers. I for one applaud her being a trouper, and showing up at all. That ‘show must go on’ attitude proves her to be a real pro! JMHO

Posted by Won_Two on February 26, 2013, 02:29 PM report to moderator
0709091327_m_061608_em4_thumb

It was about time they had Dan there, in my opinion, he and Emma and Rupert should have gotten special Oscars for their great work. As usual, Dan looked handsome, dashing, and was his usual great self. Quite the dancer too. I predict, and I may not be alive for it, that he will win an Oscar someday. I have always felt this. So good on you Mr. Radcliffe. Love to you wherever you are.

Posted by CCB5Potterfan34 on February 26, 2013, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

You are very welcome—it is my pleasure! I apologize for the weird change in font size…I’m working on that right now.

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 26, 2013, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

Won_Two I agree. It seems the media decided to pick on some people – and Kristen Stewart is their favourite target. Give her a break – she showed up despite being injured. I personally prefer someone to display emotions instead of faking it.

Posted by siena on February 27, 2013, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I was thrilled to bits watching Dan on the Oscars!! I hope someday he makes a movie musical, that would be awesome. I dont like Kristen Stewart one bit, I’m not going to start trashing her, just simply saying I’m not a fan. A part of me hating seeing them shove Potter and Twilight together like that, but at leaste Hedwig’s Theme was played. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on February 27, 2013, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Crookshanks_thumb

Dan Radcliffe must be the most wonderful young man, glad to see he is always so kind, wish more actors/actresses would follow his lead. This world needs more kindness.

Posted by Friend of Crookshanks on February 28, 2013, 11:29 AM report to moderator

...Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry zooming around the Horntail's head on his Firebolt, though a couple showed Cedric with his head on fire.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014