Alfonso Cuaron Has No Plans to Direct "Fantastic Beasts"

Cuaron
Posted by: Mel
May 25, 2014, 08:43 PM

Unfortunately, rumors that Alfonso Cuaron would direct "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" turned out to be just that. The "Prisoner of Azkaban" director was recently interviewed about his upcoming projects and said that he currently has "no plans of any kind":

"It was a very beautiful experience for me. I have a lot of love for that universe and I tremendously admire J.K. Rowling, but today, for the present, projects based around lots of visual effects don't attract me. I'm coming out of a five-year process of doing visual effects and now I sort of want to clean my palate of that a little bit," the director said.

You can read more here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Cuaron News

Petunia2_thumb

Well, that’s that… I wonder who it is, then. I wonder if they’ll finally go for Steven Spielberg, or something.

Posted by Mad But Happy on May 26, 2014, 11:40 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Best news I’ve seen in a good while… Would love it if they brought back Chris to direct…

Posted by Won_Two on May 26, 2014, 01:44 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I am happy about this. Hopefully it will be true.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on May 27, 2014, 02:46 PM report to moderator
May12003_thumb

also if you have xfinity with the opening of the wizarding world of harry potter if you don’t have the ultimate blu rays you can see all 8 parts of creating the world the bad news is parts 1, 3 and 6 creating the magic, the music of harry potter and the creatures of harry potter isn’t the the magic is 28, and it cuts off when it really starts to get good out of 63 minutes, haven’t seen parts 3 or 6, part 3 is 30 minutes of 63, and creatures is only 10 of 64, but 2,4,5,7,8 are the full and part 2 is the longest at 80 minutes

Posted by potterball on May 27, 2014, 05:12 PM report to moderator
Dobbysnap_thumb

Bummer. It’ll be interesting to see who they choose in the end. If they decide to pull from past HP directors, I truly hope they forget all about Columbus.

Posted by Justin the Mighty on May 28, 2014, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I don’t know who would be a good choice, but I’m glad it’s not Cuaron. We’d have his vision and not JK Rowling’s vision of the Fantastic Beasts. He seems to me to be one of those directors who is very creative, but not very faithful to the source material. Better for him to just do his own thing.

Posted by Eeyore on June 02, 2014, 02:41 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"That was really unfair," said Hermione... "Your potion wasn't nearly as bad as Goyle's, when he put it in his flagon the whole thing shattered and set his robes on fire."[br]"Yeah, well," said Harry, glowering at his plate, "since when has Snape ever bee