This week we are joined by special guest host Cheryl Klein, editor at Arthur A. Levine Books/Scholastic. In this show:
- Already RSVP’d for Lumos via email? Uh, would you do it again? At LeakyMug.com please?
- EE is back and it’s huge: “Hottt” Cheryl Klein – editor at Arthur A. Levine Books and continuity editor on the American editions of the Harry Potter books, joins us for the entire show
- The Pants Game – win a ticket to Jo’s NYC reading by being completely silly
- Melissa, Cheryl and Emerson on tour
- Cheryl shares her Meeting JK Rowling story, and tells of the horrible interview that naturally led to her being hired at AAL books.
- Canon Conundrums: What does the gleam in Dumbledore’s eye from Book Four mean?
- More details from Inconjunction: Emerson as the head of Hufflepuff; Melissa as the head of Gryffindor (Update: Gryffindor won the house cup, ahemahem.)
- Is Jo under pressure to tie the entire series together in one fell swoop?
- Mr. Blood is back
- Harry is a horcrux*
- 7/7/07 – possible?
- Advice for aspiring editors
- Slumber parties and pillow fights
- IM with a Manuscript: Future Avatar
- Falling in biscuit
- Torturing Melissa is mean, but funny!
- Totally over Dumbledore? Not so much.
- Cheryl is the first EE guest to stay for an ENTIRE PotterCast
- Use the codeword Chipotle to submit your manuscript to Cheryl (info\ on her Web site www.cherylklein.com) to let her know you heard her PotterCast (and to save 10 percent on your order)
- More details about the Harry and the Potters concert, which Melissa and Cheryl attended
- Voldemort is “The Man”
- Speaking of filks, Cheryl…
Opening: 0:00 [Melissa Anelli]
Leaky Lowdown: 4:13 [Melissa Anelli, John Noe, Sue Upton, Cheryl Klein]
Canon Conundrum Call-in: 19:41 [Callers]
Canon Conundrum: 22:23 [John Noe, Melissa Anelli, Sue Upton, Cheryl Klein]
Mailbag: 37:20 [Melissa Anelli, Sue Upton, John Noe, Cheryl Klein]
In the Know: 48:44 [Melissa Anelli, John Noe, Sue Upton, Cheryl Klein]
Wrapup: 1:16:09 [Melissa Anelli, John Noe, Sue Upton, Cheryl Klein]