Garth Franklin of Darkhorizons.com joins the Trio for this episode as we talk teaser trailers, movies and more in PotterCast 63. Plus, John is back (and in rare form) as we announce this week’s challenge involving a certain auror.
- This week, we take a break from our usual format to talk trailer, movie, and more with a longtime PotterCast friend and movie expert, Garth Franklin from DarkHorizons.com. It’s all movie all the time on this one, as we gear up for the first real preview of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- We talk predictions and predilections, expectations for the fifth film, expectations for the trailer, why we bother with this whole teaser-trailer thing, how the whole teaser-trailer thing got started, who started it, what 2007 will bring for Harry and the franchise, the film’s competition, and much, much, more, from someone who knows these things (Garth, not John).
- We distil what’s going on with all the descriptions of the trailers, and lay out what we expect and don’t expect to be in the real one.
- Uncle Jimmy’s Trailer Report
- John’s trailer prediction: guess who? ‘Dawlish!’
- Which leads to the ‘Dawlish Trailer’ fan challenge.
- Magical Cribs
- Jo, Alcatraz, who can tell the difference?
- Girls really don’t want to see a guy in blue tights.
- Remember, we’re live at PhoenixRising in May 2007 – visit thephoenixrises.org to register!
- Editors: Jeff Gregory