LeakyNews.com

Hallows of Hogwarts "for years" working title of DH

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
January 19, 2009, 03:15 AM

A small but fun factual nugget was hidden in the JKR interview from Harry, A History (which is available here). I've posted it now on the Web site. It seems Hallows of Hogwarts was a working title for DH; this title had been trademarked along with a bunch of others but (it seems) hadn't ever been pegged as an actual working title - until now. A fun fact for all of us who like to obsess. Click the link to read more and enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Katie

pretty cool fact

Posted by Katie on January 19, 2009, 03:17 AM report to moderator
YodatheHobbit

Can you Imagine? Harry Potter and The Hallows of Hogwarts
That’s a lot of H’s!

Posted by YodatheHobbit on January 19, 2009, 03:24 AM report to moderator
Justin the Mighty

Hmmm… I actually kind of like it. Has a nice ring.

Posted by Justin the Mighty on January 19, 2009, 03:35 AM report to moderator
greenfire

Okay, the first sentence of that post led me to believe that the transcript from that interview was posted online for a minute. My eyes just about popped out of my head but yeah, too many H’s.

Posted by greenfire on January 19, 2009, 03:42 AM report to moderator
Melissa Anelli

Oh, woops. LOL. Fixed that. I do explain in the post why I don’t just publish the interview though.

Posted by Melissa Anelli on January 19, 2009, 03:43 AM report to moderator
voldy

Question: Is Harry distantly related to Salazar Slytherin and Voldemort? Because Harry is descended from the Peverell brother that had the invisibility cloak, and the Peverell brother that recieved the Resurrection stone handed it down through his family which went through Slytherin to Voldemort.Therefore they must related like distant cousins? :(

Posted by voldy on January 19, 2009, 05:39 AM report to moderator
Witchchylde

Er, I don’t think the Peverell brother who had the Stone had offspring, I mean the girl he loved was dead right?

Posted by Witchchylde on January 19, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator
voldy

happy chappys, thought i was related to him for a second!

Posted by voldy on January 19, 2009, 06:55 AM report to moderator
mg

I just finished reading “Harry, a History” – LOVED IT! I came to the Harry Potter world late and feel a little remorse for doing so after reading this book, but all that matters is that I finally caught on four years ago! Thank you Melissa for writing this book for those that did get a late start!

Okay, sorry for the lovefest. I like DH versus Hollows of Hogwarts :).

Posted by mg on January 19, 2009, 07:17 AM report to moderator
emmy

Is it me, or wouldn’t that title have worked, since the hallows aren’t from Hogwarts, nor are they all in Hogwarts? It’d have to be Hallows of Voldemort then. Weird…

Posted by emmy on January 19, 2009, 07:47 AM report to moderator
roonwit

voldy: Harry is indeed a distant relative of Voldemort. Harry might or might not be some very distant cousin of Slytherin, because it is entirely possible that some descendant of Slytherin married some Peverell descendant thus relating Harry to Voldemort but not Slytherin.

Posted by roonwit on January 19, 2009, 08:19 AM report to moderator
Dawna

I came to the Harry books late, too. Also just finished “Harry, A History” and feel like my love of the books is so justified! My family doesn’t get it, my friends don’t get it, but so many out there do. Thanks, Melissa, for making me feel like part of something.

Posted by Dawna on January 19, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
roonwit

Witchchylde: Actually Cadmus Peverall could have had descendants. It is only in the Beedle tale that the girl he was to marry died and we have no idea how close that is to the real events. Even in the tale there is nothing to say that he hadn’t subsequently married someone else.

Posted by roonwit on January 19, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
burningpumpkins

Slytherin came after the Peverells. Harry might have came after a different lineage, not necessarily through the Peverell that ended up with Slytherin surname.

Posted by burningpumpkins on January 19, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
roonwit

My reaction to this piece of information is to ask how the Hallows were “of Hogwarts” at the early planning stage. In DH as published, there is no real connection between the Hallows and Hogwarts, so what was the link going to be? Were the Peveralls going to be the Founders originally for example?

Posted by roonwit on January 19, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?