LeakyNews.com

PotterCast 241: So THIS is Pottermore

PotterCast
Posted by: Rosi
June 24, 2011, 05:44 PM

A brand spanking new Pottermore-themed episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is now available for your listening pleasure. The day of the big announcement, we now know what Pottermore is...right? Your PotterCast hosts Melissa, John and Frak were joined by Ben Schoen of Mugglecast to talk about what the Pottermore announcement means for Harry Potter fans and what all we know now!

To listen, you can use iTunes or direct download -- you don't need to own an iPod to listen to PotterCast.

Happy listening!

Pottermore Round Up Post
LeakyCon 2011: A Harry Potter Conference in Orlando
Harry, A History Website
Podcast Alley
Digg

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

B100chocolate_thumb

Just listened to it. Awesome episode!!! Made me even more excited and anxious about PotterMore though xD

Posted by Rachel on June 24, 2011, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

2nd comment

Posted by silverkacy on June 24, 2011, 07:15 PM report to moderator

#Pottermore – sort of interactive puzzles and games, looking forward to wandering around it when it goes live, (wonder if it will crash with weight of numbers)

Posted by Wizard_Dave on June 24, 2011, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

That was nice…

Posted by Won_Two on June 24, 2011, 10:01 PM report to moderator

I can never download these things. . . . D;

Posted by . on June 24, 2011, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

I’m going to listen now:)

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 25, 2011, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_philosopher_s_stone_thumb

LOVED THIS!!!! You guys are amazing!! I love Melissa and John and how funny they are:) And I just..wow..I only have watched the JKR interview and this..I’ll watch every one from now on :) Just..wow. Lol i was waiting until someone said the adult covers..I thought it was obvious ;) John’s a Slytherin…Haaha thanks so much!! :):):)

Posted by RubeusHagrid on June 25, 2011, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-sign_thumb

Does anyone know if Americans will be able to get the British audio books? I love Stephen Fry.

Posted by xanzibar on June 25, 2011, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-sign_thumb

Also, John seems to be eating something during the last half of the podcast.

Posted by xanzibar on June 25, 2011, 11:08 PM report to moderator

Had to say goodbye to my Turkish friend today, shes is going home forever cause her visa is up! :( and this made me happy:)

Posted by PotionsMaster7 on June 26, 2011, 03:24 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

You guys got one thing right, Jo is goblin made, exquisite and strong.

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on June 26, 2011, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Can’t wait for October! And yay Pottercast!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 26, 2011, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_dementor_thumb

can’t wait to hear this i’m downloading it right now to listen on the bus :)

Posted by HIFireWhiskers58 on June 27, 2011, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Hermione_96

just listening, hahaa awesome episode, thanks for adressing the problem of wand pricing, because i’ve been very confused about that and finally someone has talked about it :)

Posted by Alec wick. *ROAR* on June 27, 2011, 06:05 PM report to moderator

They were talking about the e-books that will be available on the site. Melissa said the Tolkien books are not available on e-book format. Uh, yes they are. The first books I bought from Amazon when I got my Kindle were the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. Also, she said the HP e-books would be available on all e-readers. Maybe. The articles I read about Pottermore said the books would be in ePub format. The Kindle does not support ePub. There’s been speculation that this might be what finally gets Amazon to support the format. While they won’t be selling the books, the thinking is if they don’t support it, people might decide to buy a reader that does.

Posted by zoltan42 on June 30, 2011, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?