LeakyNews.com

Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Due for Release in September

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Stephanie_J
March 22, 2012, 10:40 AM

The 31-disc Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Blu-ray/DVD box set will be released on Sept. 7 in the U.S. and Sept. 10 in the U.K., it's been announced.

This definitive collection will include all eight Harry Potter films, plus over four hours of never-before-seen footage. The massive box set weighs an impressive 19 pounds, and will also come with "artistic and authentic film memorabilia."

The official Harry Potter website has been updated to reflect the impending release of the Wizard's Collection. An interactive wand gesture game has been added to the site so fans can unlock exclusive previews of the bonus material every week.

This week, Yahoo! has the first exclusive preview which shows a young Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) talking about a rather "unpretty picture" he drew of Alan Rickman (Severus Snape). The clip then shows a present-day Grint and Rickman talking about the drawing. Watch it below!

Harry Potter Wizard's Collection is available for pre-order through Amazon.com for $349. The U.K. edition is priced at £259.99.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Mr

But, the question is, is the extra footage finished, and edited into each film? If not, this set is neat but an absolute waste of time for me. I want extended films, like LOTR, not extra discs I have to pop in to watch a minute or two of extra footage here and there.

Posted by Mr. Stratford on March 22, 2012, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

Woah. It costs a fortune so unless they alter the pricing their product won’t be as successful as they intended. :(
@Mr.Stratford: So true. Who’d buy something with a few extra minutes for a couple of hundred quid, when they can get the full box set for just £30?

Posted by Grindylow_101 on March 22, 2012, 12:45 PM report to moderator

Doubt I will be buying this since last Christmas I got the first 6 movies for $24USD. A fancy cardboard box doesn’t interest me that much.

Posted by Lisasimpsonfan on March 22, 2012, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Random-4_thumb

how about the ultimate editions for 6-7-8…….

Posted by RaytheforgottenWeasley on March 22, 2012, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

The sound doesn’t seem to go with the picture on part of this video.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on March 22, 2012, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

As much as I’d love this, its much too expensive for me. Besides, I have all the movies, got them the very first day each came out. Those memories when I reach for the DVDs are more special, I think, than buying them all yet again just for a little extra here and there. Also, the extra footage will sooner or later end up on youtube to watch. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on March 22, 2012, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_thumb

One of the HUGE problems I have with this set is that the digital copies are still through “Ultra-Violet.” Until the set includes ultimate editions for all eight films and dump the “Ultra-Violet” nonsense, I won’t be buying it. It looks pretty , though.

Posted by astreaward on March 22, 2012, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

I haven’t bought the 2 DH DVDs yet, because I was hoping for extended editions, or perhaps even a really cool extended set of the two (with a nice statue or something like that). I might be tempted to buy a full set (again) if the extras are great. This box looks great, but is this really the ‘ultimate’ set (I doubt it very much!), or will there another one later, with even more extras or even (finally!) the extended editions of all movies?
Another thing that bugs me, is that apparently you get lots more extras on Blu-ray discs that you don’t get on DVDs. So, I have to get a Blu-ray player or miss out on some great stuff. I’d love to watch the Radcliffe/Rowling interview which is supposed to be on the Blu-ray of DH2, but which is not the DVD. I am ‘not amused’ about this :o(
And of course the Blu-rays are far more expensive than the DVDs.
Even twenty :o( :o( ’s are not enough to express my bummered feelings about all of this!

Posted by Tarana on March 22, 2012, 06:52 PM report to moderator

Wow, wow, wow. I really can’t wait! I love these and some day I might finally get the money to purchase them. :D

Posted by . on March 22, 2012, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Blue-ray isnt really that much more expensive if you buy them when tey first come out, same ss DVDs. Otherwise they shoot up in price and you have to wait until the go on sale again.

Posted by LunaLuver on March 22, 2012, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I really want this even though I have got all the discs… and special editions of 1-5! but maybe for Christmas I’ll ask…

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on March 23, 2012, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ln8nktbuk51qafrh6_thumb

I would be A LOT more excited for this if it weren’t just the first two films that include extended cuts. Why not release all the extended cuts at once? Another example of Warner Bros. stringing fans along to pay more.

Posted by samueljc on March 23, 2012, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

This video is kinda out of sync.
Anyway its way too expensive and to be honest it annoys how much stuff we have to buy just to see some dvd extras.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 23, 2012, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

@LunaLuver: Alright, maybe the prices I’ve seen were a bit too recent, but I’m pretty sure I saw the Blu-ray of DH2 go for 25 euros and the DVD for 17 euros, on release day. Still quite a difference.
When my DVD player needs replacement, I will probably be no longer able to resist the temptation, and buy a Blu-ray player anyway. And of course, (hopefully) the best HP collection to go with it. Oops, I’d better start saving… ;o)

Posted by Tarana on March 23, 2012, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Lm_lesmiserables_1__thumb

whoah..expensive. I’ve got better stuff to spend my money on..and i bet you could find the extra scenes elsewhere.

Ready to see Leaky in Color?